• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who makes the cut as the #8 seed? I say...

sturt

Yeah, no one is scared of Indy, but we need a cakewalk and that ain't them. They play hard most of the game and stick to their defensive gameplan. Ultimately they have a lot of those big tweener guards who think they could actually match us in a three point shooting contest. They'd be wrong.

Their biggest consistent threat might be Scola, he had to have hit 7 or 8 elbow jumpers straight in a game they won up there last series. They would command many more minutes out of our starters over a series as opposed to Boston. Yall know Bud clocking everyone with a stopwatch.

Edited by benhillboy

Why are allya scared of Indy? Because PG is back playing?

C'mon guys just stop, have more faith in THIS hawks team.

Jeff and Al will PnR Hibbert to death.

Forget not having Al last playoffs against them. We had Korver and Lou defending Paul G last season when DMC went to the bench (I prayed for KK when guarding PG). This season we have Thabo with a lil Baze to throw at a just returned PG.

Teague will eat George Hill's lunch again.

They don't have crazy Lance who killed us on the boards and defended KK pretty well

We just have a better bench than last season.

I fear nobody!!!!

Why are allya scared of Indy? Because PG is back playing?

C'mon guys just stop, have more faith in THIS hawks team.

Jeff and Al will PnR Hibbert to death.

Forget not having Al last playoffs against them. We had Korver and Lou defending Paul G last season when DMC went to the bench (I prayed for KK when guarding PG). This season we have Thabo with a lil Baze to throw at a just returned PG.

Teague will eat George Hill's lunch again.

They don't have crazy Lance who killed us on the boards and defended KK pretty well

We just have a better bench than last season.

Jaybird got more ballz than half the dude's on this site.

• Premium Member

I keep thinking about who I want and I look out west and see teams competing for the last spot that would be the 6th seed in the East.

We are the going to finish the season with the second best record in the NBA. I don't care who we play. Keep Brooklyn out and bring on anybody else who makes that push into the playoffs instead of the lottery. I don't expect a sweep but I'm not really afraid of any of these ~460% teams.

Had to chuckle and more BB IQ too

Yep.  She learned a lot from me, right @JayBirdHawk

Another notable statement she made was how Lantz really hurt us on the boards.  Folks gotta start recognizing it's the wing position that tells the tale on our rebounding woes.

• Premium Member

Yeah...just not fearing anybody in the East.  All of my fears were answered during the season when this team responded to every challenge.  That's just something I've never seen before.  I don't like how we looked against the West post AS break...but at the same time, we didn't look bad - just unfocused against some good teams.

Regardless, that's a concern for facing the West in the Finals. In the East, none of these teams scare me.  I was nervous about Cleveland once they made those changes and got their shit together, but again...the Hawks met the challenge and made a statement.

Honestly, my biggest fear is our defense and us not executing properly.  I'm more concerned about our guys just staying focused moreso than anyone in the East causing problems for us.

• Like 1

Yeah...just not fearing anybody in the East.  All of my fears were answered during the season when this team responded to every challenge.  That's just something I've never seen before.  I don't like how we looked against the West post AS break...but at the same time, we didn't look bad - just unfocused against some good teams.

Regardless, that's a concern for facing the West in the Finals. In the East, none of these teams scare me.  I was nervous about Cleveland once they made those changes and got their shit together, but again...the Hawks met the challenge and made a statement.

Honestly, my biggest fear is our defense and us not executing properly.  I'm more concerned about our guys just staying focused moreso than anyone in the East causing problems for us.

Funny how the eggsperts kindly forget that whuppin we put on CLE in the last game we had that mattered.

Funny how the eggsperts kindly forget that whuppin we put on CLE in the last game we had that mattered.

...And the worst home loss of his career before that. That's enough for me to think we'll mop the floor with them.

Regardless of what he says, he saw that ass whooping developing and tried everything in his power to stop it but was helpless. He didn't even go home that night because he was trying to get Kyrie to understand that our backup PG could easily outplay him and they'd be embarrassed more times than not versus us. Unfortunately you can't transfer and download basketball IQ overnight. Even with LeBron our team's IQ is twice theirs. No earthly comparison between the coaches.

Edited by benhillboy

I got a strong feeling that Pacers will steal the 8th seed at the end.. knowing that Paul George is back.. It would be like rematch again like last year playoffs but this time it's opposite. Last year Hawks was in the 8th seed and Pacers was the 1st seed.. Now  Hawks are 1st and Pacers are 8th. If Pacers get the 8th seed, Hawks vs Pacers will face in the 1st round again.. Now that would be really interesting matchup!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker