• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Offense or Wizards Defense?

BraveSeminole

I can't watch the game so I am wondering if the Hawks scoring (Or, lack of) is more due to their poor Offense or the Wizards good Defense?  Keeping my fingers crossed that the can win this game tonight!  I would rather not see them go to a 7th game!

• Premium Member

Some times it is the lack of continuety and odd lineups..in the game tonight, Bud pulled Horford and Teague in the middle of the 4th quarter just as they started to get into a rhythm killing the offense.  He did it early in the third also.

• Premium Member

Dennis was killing us with his one man attack and Korver was forcing some shots .... But wiz played really good d ... Like peioriabird said we lost momentum when we took Jeff and Al out

This has to be corrected if we have higher aspirations...We are killing ourselfs with these odd substitutions.  Bud has to find a better rotation pattern...Definitely should not be substituting late in the 4 quarter

Cold shooting by Korver made it close.  He took 7 shots for three

and missed them every one.  He did play some great defense and

he kept one or two of their best defenders busy when the Hawks

were on offense.

Hawks defense went south late in the 4th quarter when they lost their

big lead and Washington got very, very hot at the same time our shooting

went very cold.

But, hey, Hawks won and advance to the EDF.!!

• Premium Member

were on offense.

went very cold.

The Hawk's defense didn't go south seeing that many of the Wizard's point came in transition after Dennis turnovers or on Fouls by Dennis and Muscala.  It was more the offense becoming stagnant because they started running iso plays for Millsap and double screens for a cold Korver instead of cutting like they were doing earlier in the game.

were on offense.

went very cold.

Again, I have not been able to see (But, I follow all of them on the computer!) any of the Hawks playoff games but it seems to me that they have been giving up a lot of late leads in many of their playoff games so far?  Is this correct and if so do you think they can solve this (Of course, I am assuming/hoping they will get some leads against the Cavs!) issue during the Cavs series?  

Dennis was killing us with his one man attack and Korver was forcing some shots .... But wiz played really good d ... Like peioriabird said we lost momentum when we took Jeff and Al out

Bench has to be used differently in the playoffs than regular season and hopefully we do a better job in the next series with substitutions.  I hate when Dennis is left in for too long because at this stage in his career he's still a one trick pony.  Drive to the right side of the basket every time won't always work in crunch time.  Defenses have been adjusting quite well to the Hawks when they don't play Hawk's ball like we did in Dec/Jan. Starters have to play more in the playoffs and the constant changes in lineup aren't always helping. 

• Like 1