• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyrie Questionable for Game 2

PacMan123

Very rarely do I post, but I been reading Hawksquawk for years now. Love hearing everyone's input!

Just got an alert that Kyrie missed shootaround today to undergo further treatment and is questionable tonight. Teague and Dennis pretty much had their way with Kyrie when he was on the floor, so is this actually good or bad? Would it be better for us if he actually did play? One less defender on the floor....

Thoughts?

The Cavs have nobody to guard Teague or Dennis period.

It's up to them to keep the pace of play up and stop walking the ball up the court.

• Moderators

Very rarely do I post, but I been reading Hawksquawk for years now. Love hearing everyone's input!

Just got an alert that Kyrie missed shootaround today to undergo further treatment and is questionable tonight. Teague and Dennis pretty much had their way with Kyrie when he was on the floor, so is this actually good or bad? Would it be better for us if he actually did play? One less defender on the floor....

Thoughts?

Come post more often!  I think it is good for us on defense since his shot is still lethal but bad for us on offense since he is the worst perimeter defender they have right now.  I think we should have gone at Kyrie more.  You know Lebron will be going after his defender since we are down Thabo and DMC.  We need to go after their PGs -- and I don't mean by settling for midrange jumpers (cough Dennis cough).

• Like 2

Come post more often!  I think it is good for us on defense since his shot is still lethal but bad for us on offense since he is the worst perimeter defender they have right now.  I think we should have gone at Kyrie more.  You know Lebron will be going after his defender since we are down Thabo and DMC.  We need to go after their PGs -- and I don't mean by settling for midrange jumpers (cough Dennis cough).

Agreed! His shot could still hurt us, but I can live with a few baskets here and there, cause ultimately I don't feel like he will really hurt us in this series...if he is like this the rest of the way. There has been a lot of talk about the refs and JR Smith, but ultimately, we scored only 38 points in the 2nd half on 31% shooting....

We can blame everyone else for the loss, but we can't expect to win with those numbers. I expect a better effort from our guys and hopefully we can keep Thompson off the glass some too!

I was really scratching my head over why they weren't attacking Kyrie more too.  The first quarter they were but then they went away from it.  Kyrie seemed pretty invisible out there on the floor and we really didn't take advantage of the situation in game 1.

• Like 1