• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has any one ever attendedthe Hawks official draft party?

JETSET

I'm debating on doing this next Thursday and I was wondering if any one has done it before. (particularly season ticket holders)

Is it worth it?

They say team reps will talk to you after the draft.  Is this like Bud, Wilcox or Atkinson or some random person that I have never heard of?

I went to the one where we all booed the hawks drafting all horford

And cheered ac law :/

Yeah I was there for that

I'm debating on doing this next Thursday and I was wondering if any one has done it before. (particularly season ticket holders)

Is it worth it?

They say team reps will talk to you after the draft.  Is this like Bud, Wilcox or Atkinson or some random person that I have never heard of?

It's a glorified mixer.  You won't get with in miles of a team official.  They will announce some things over the PA.  You'll pay a lot for food and play some games.  It's still fun if you take some folks with you.

• Like 1

Here's what the email says.

Tip off the 2015-16 season with the Official Hawks Draft Party at Philips Arena on June 25th. Bring your family and friends to watch the opening round of the NBA Draft with fellow Members and enjoy other activities throughout the evening!

• Co-hosted by Steve Holman and Bob Rathbun
  • Guest appearance by Kent Bazemore
  • Meet Harry the Hawk and Hawks Cheerleaders
  • Complimentary Parking*
  • Food and Beverage Credit*
  • Access to the best viewing areas*
  • Purchase limited edition court collectibles and game-used team memorabilia
  • Reserve your Atlanta Hawks license plate before the general public

I attended a few times in the distant past.

My first one was 1991 when they moved up by trading Doc to the Clips and got Stacey Augmon. Someone there called him a left-handed Scottie Pippen and I had to 'son' him like an 8-year old ('I've seen Scottie Pippen, even met Scottie Pippen; Augmon is and will never be a Scottie Pippen'). Then, there was the 1992 debacle at CNN when they drafted Adam Keefe ahead of Horry, Sprewell, and even Baby Jordan (Harold Minor); we went ballistic and with camera crews there to record the 4 and 13-letter bombs we were dropping, they had to just about shut it down. Then the 1999 one when they got Demarr Johnson (remember him?) and my last was the 2001 pick when they traded the 3rd pick for SAR.

Safe to say, after watching them blow countless picks with me there, I will be sitting this one out...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

I was debating going as well. But it doesnt really sound that fun. Honestly the most fun I've had on draft night was in the chat on Squawk, and it still sounds infinitely more appealing than what they said in their email. I like having cheaper food and beer than their overpriced concessions. I like being able to watch the Twitter rumors fly in on my computer while also glancing at draftxpress videos and seeing what everybody else thinks in the Squawk chatroom. Being able to see Kent Bazemore and Harry the Hawk from a distance and getting a credit of $5 off an $8 beer while still having to pay $12 for some chicken tenders isn't going to cut it. Now if the cheerleaders were giving away free lapdances, maybe. Otherwise, my happy self is going to be nerding it out in front of my computer, which is the ideal place for draft night imho.

I was debating going as well. But it doesnt really sound that fun. Honestly the most fun I've had on draft night was in the chat on Squawk, and it still sounds infinitely more appealing than what they said in their email. I like having cheaper food and beer than their overpriced concessions. I like being able to watch the Twitter rumors fly in on my computer while also glancing at draftxpress videos and seeing what everybody else thinks in the Squawk chatroom. Being able to see Kent Bazemore and Harry the Hawk from a distance and getting a credit of $5 off an $8 beer while still having to pay $12 for some chicken tenders isn't going to cut it. Now if the cheerleaders were giving away free lapdances, maybe. Otherwise, my happy self is going to be nerding it out in front of my computer, which is the ideal place for draft night imho.

What if you got a lap dance from Harry the Hawk, would you go then?.... Lol...my bad. I'm with you Lamar. Scotch and junk food while shootin the $hit in the chat room. I'm in the chat room once a year and it's always draft night. :-)

I would settle for a lapdance from Harry ONLY after the requisite amount out scotch, which would cost a fortune from the concession stand. Again, another reason i will be staying home.

Hahahahaha I love it