• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 6 Choices?

BraveSeminole

According to the AJC the there are 9 players (Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, Russell, Winslow, Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Hezonja and Mudiay) who are considered the top of this draft class so they more than likely will not be available when the Hawks pick at #15 (If they don't trade up!). 

And, also according to the AJC the next-level players include Devin Booker, Sam Dekker, Jerian Grant, R.J. Hunter, Tyus Jones, Frank Kaminsky, Trey Lyles, Kelly Oubre, Bobby Portis, Myles Turner and Deion  Wright.  

Just curious if you can give me your top 6 choices (If the AJC is correct with their top 9 players then one of the 6 players you list will be available for the Hawks at #15) for the Hawks upcoming Draft assuming they don't make a trade.

I know very little about these players but from the LITTLE I do know or read my list would be as follows:

1) Frank Kaminski

2) Myles Turner

3) Kelly Oubre

4) Myles Turner

5) Bobby Portis

6) Devin Booker

I am looking forward to seeing how other Hawks fans (Who know a LOT more about these Prospects than I do!) rate their top choices for the Hawks selection!

According to the AJC the there are 9 players (Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, Russell, Winslow, Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Hezonja and Mudiay) who are considered the top of this draft class so they more than likely will not be available when the Hawks pick at #15 (If they don't trade up!). 

And, also according to the AJC the next-level players include Devin Booker, Sam Dekker, Jerian Grant, R.J. Hunter, Tyus Jones, Frank Kaminsky, Trey Lyles, Kelly Oubre, Bobby Portis, Myles Turner and Deion  Wright.  

Just curious if you can give me your top 6 choices (If the AJC is correct with their top 9 players then one of the 6 players you list will be available for the Hawks at #15) for the Hawks upcoming Draft assuming they don't make a trade.

I know very little about these players but from the LITTLE I do know or read my list would be as follows:

1) Frank Kaminski

2) Myles Turner

3) Kelly Oubre

4) Myles Turner

5) Bobby Portis

6) Devin Booker

I am looking forward to seeing how other Hawks fans (Who know a LOT more about these Prospects than I do!) rate their top choices for the Hawks selection!

Either it is too late, too hot or I am just too OLD but i didn't mean to put Myles Turner down twice!  i meant to put Sam Dekker in the  #4 spot!

1. Myles Turner - doubt he falls

2. Kelly Oubre - I feel like we'll pass on him (like James young last year smh)

3. Frank Kaminsky - doubt he falls

4. Sam Dekker - could be a great fit

5. Devin Booker - he already plays like a Hawk

6. Trey Lyles - his size and potential intrigue me

• Admin

Booker -- we have to grab him if he falls

Decker -- might be great fit at SF

Oubre -- huge upside but will he reach it?

Portis -- more I read about him the more he is growing on me

Kaminsky-- will he be able to play at NBA level?

Added some guys that weren't listed...

1) Dekker - Huge 3/4 and a potential 2 way player. Hasn't shown much passing ability. Has a correctable hitch in his shot.

2) Cameron Payne - Pure point. Not a great finisher but otherwise the complete package. A trade would probably be in order.

3) Booker - Good size, pure shot, works his tail off and is young. Upside might not be that high though, has a lot to work on.

4) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Huge athlete at the 3/4, great defender and can pass. ATROCIOUS shot, but maybe we can fix it. Maybe.

5) Grant - Combo guard, perhaps can play the 2. Great passer. Old though. Can't decide if I'm underrating him.

6) Turner - A project, but has some good skills. Would rather chase a big in FA though.

Kaminsky is really hard to project. He's got the shot, but otherwise I'm not sure what he does at an NBA level. Is his shot legit enough to keep him around? Is he quick/strong enough to play enough defense to be a positive?

Also should say we're in the position to select BPA at the expense of one of our bench guys.

Edited by TheFuzz