• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks going to lose the rights to Walter Tavares?

BraveSeminole

Few things: he's only been playing organized basketball for a few years, he needs another couple of years seasoning and will do so at someone else's expense under a good coach in a great league (2nd only to the NBA), Hawks don't want his salary to take up cap space yet so they can make a FA splash this offseason, and they hold his rights for many many years. This is win/win for everyone...

He definitely needs more seasoning ... He is most likely a couple/ few years away from being NBA ready. Maybe staying in Europe is the right thing for him right now

Bud just doing it like the Spurs. Spurs drafted Ginobli in 1999 and he didn't come over until 2002. 

I just read an article (Actually, I think it was right here on Hawskquawk!) that gave me the impression that there is a very good chance that Tavares will be signing a contract with one of the European teams and if he does this article made it sound like not only would he not be coming to the NBA anytime soon but the Hawks could (Would?) lose their rights to him!  Hopefully, I read this article WRONG!  I would hate to see the Hawks lose his rights!!!

Below is the article I was thinking about:  I am guessing I either read it wrong or interpreted in wrong.  Either way, I certainly hope Tavares eventually makes it to Atlanta (As a Hawk!)!

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/6/27/8857025/walter-tavares-atlanta-hawks-summer-league-contract-options

Edy needs to stay in butt over there in Europe and establish himself. I wish would stop thinking that this guy is the second coming of Russell or Shaq. Let him develop where he is at least getting regular minutes. If the Hawks brought him here we would have to pay him to sit on the bench,play garbage minutes, or get sent up and down to the D league.