• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver to have surgery on right elbow

JETSET

33 mins ago - via Twitter SpearsNBAYahoo

Marc J. Spears: Hawks say All-Star guard Kyle Korver is expected to be ready for training camp after having right elbow surgery to remove loose bodies today

Injuries, Kyle Korver, Atlanta Hawks

It's not a big deal.  I myself played tennis a bunch in my youth...wasn't great but played in some regional tournaments across the Midwest.  Since I didn't do the "two handed" backhand which was gaining popularity at the time, I ended up with a right arm considerably larger (muscularity-wise) than my left...and it had got a lot more punishment.

I didn't notice much until I got into bar shuffleboard a few years later in the navy.  It started to "pop" every time I released the metal puck down the board.  I asked the base Dr. and he said it was likely just a calcium buildup.  They did a fairly quick "wiggle around" surgery (this was back in 1984) and Walla !  My arm was back to normal.

I won the Puerto Rican Open and came in second at the Guantanamo Base Cuban Invitational after that.

• Like 1

It's not a big deal. I myself played tennis a bunch in my youth...wasn't great but played in some regional tournaments across the Midwest. Since I didn't do the "two handed" backhand which was gaining popularity at the time, I ended up with a right arm considerably larger (muscularity-wise) than my left...and it had got a lot more punishment.

I didn't notice much until I got into bar shuffleboard a few years later in the navy. It started to "pop" every time I released the metal puck down the board. I asked the base Dr. and he said it was likely just a calcium buildup. They did a fairly quick "wiggle around" surgery (this was back in 1984) and Walla ! My arm was back to normal.

I won the Puerto Rican Open and came in second at the Guantanamo Base Cuban Invitational after that.

Oh man it's crazy to hear your story because I just went to the doctor for my left elbow and on the X-ray there was a circular spot that he said they couldn't recognize. He said it was most likely golfers elbow and that I could either wait a month to see if the thing moved close to a bone or to get a cortisone shot right then...i decided to wait...this was yesterday so I get a month to go. Hope it goes away otherwise he said it might need surgery, which I really would like to avoid.