• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone gave John Jenkins a three year deal

NBASupes

Strange how his career has gone. Started out looking like he was fairly good as a rookie, and Scott didn't look like much.  As time passed Scott emerged as the much better player and Jenkins simply sat on the sidelines.  Did have injury problems and I guess his best year was under coach Drew.  Clearly not Bud's type of player, probably due to lack of defense.  Scott was never a heralded defender either but he got a lot more playing time.  I predict he will have at least one good game against us sometime.  Players always seem to come back to haunt their prior team.

There's a reason Jenkins rarely played and didn't get resigned... my guess is that he can't play D. We know he can 3.... but if you can't play D... good riddance. 

He often seems slow for a guy his size. Also his mainstay, shooting, is slow on the release. I think he's pretty high IQ and tries defending, but he's nothing special really. Plenty of basketball-educated tall people who can make an open 3 now and then.

Mike Scott at least has a big body and doesnt shy down from hitting 3's in peoples faces.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

John Jenkins would be a great NBA player if there was no opposing team. That way he wouldn't have to guard anybody and nobody would have to guard him.

Might be the worst defender since Vinnie Johnson...Happy for him to find a home but just too many liabilities to ever be a starter in the league.