• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder next Hawks All Star PG

Buzzard

I have been really quiet all season while watching games on NBA League Pass. I honestly think Schröder is now in the same position Teague was years ago behind Bibby, Dennis is better than the starter who is ahead of him.

Dennis makes us a more competitive team everytime he is on the floor. What I see in Dennis this year is better offensive potential than Rondo and Rubio, while still having simialr passing and defensive skills. Dennis is ready to start, I no longer have any doubts about that.

I imagine this topic has been beat to death as we keep looking fora star to play along Horford and Sap. I think we have one already in Dennis.

With that lets open up discussion on Dennis....is he rotting away like Teague did behind Bibby? We all knew Teague was better than bibby on all phases even as a rookie maybe except for the 3pt shot but Woody wasted 2 years of teagues career like he wasted 3 or 4 years of Horfords.

But let's see....Can Dennis be an all star or maybe even a future superstar player? Let's analyze.

Dennis already has:

-elite speed

-good defense

-great hustle 

-shown flashes of play making ability

Dennis has improved on:

-his 3pt shot

-mid range shot off of screens

-maturity 

Dennis need to improve on:

-decision making 

-stopping the hero iso shit (however he's calmed down a lot as the season has went on)

Heres my take:

Just like I knew Teague could be an all star player , I know that Dennis can be an all star player as well as long as he sticks to his strengths. Teague hasn't done that his whole career here in Atlanta and some was his fault, some was woodys fault, and some of it was Josh Smiths fault. But Dennis is in a different situation, Bud will not hold Dennis back from using his strengths. If Dennis wants to become a household name in this league he need to do these 5 things he's very capable of doing:

-keep playing great aggressive defense

-continue to work on your mid range shot on all phases (off screens, etc) until you become deadly at it (Tony Parker like)

-Learn to use your team on 99% of offensive possessions and minimize the Iso to 1%

-Learn to make better decisions on the floor especially offensively (he's not ultra terrible but some decisions you can tell are made due to early NBA experience...he just need more years under his belt)

-Last and my favorite of all! Something I believe he may be the only individual on the team that has this and that's the "Alpha Dog"....Dennis isn't afraid to be "That Guy"..I once thought Teague was the same way when I saw how he came off the bench and destroyed the Bulls in the playoffs some years back but didnt turn out that way. Dennis on the other hand...the kid has some attitude, if bud told him to take the last shot he would take that shot with the confidence as high as MJ! Dennis may fail but keep his head up at all times. That's the making of a leader.

To sum it up yeah I think Dennis can be an all star player no doubt. But can he be a superstar player ? Depends more so on his offense than defense going forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

With that lets open up discussion on Dennis....is he rotting away like Teague did behind Bibby? We all knew Teague was better than bibby on all phases even as a rookie maybe except for the 3pt shot but Woody wasted 2 years of teagues career like he wasted 3 or 4 years of Horfords.

But let's see....Can Dennis be an all star or maybe even a future superstar player? Let's analyze.

Dennis already has:

-elite speed

-good defense

-great hustle 

-shown flashes of play making ability

Dennis has improved on:

-his 3pt shot

-mid range shot off of screens

-maturity 

Dennis need to improve on:

-decision making 

-stopping the hero iso shit (however he's calmed down a lot as the season has went on)

Heres my take:

Just like I knew Teague could be an all star player , I know that Dennis can be an all star player as well as long as he sticks to his strengths. Teague hasn't done that his whole career here in Atlanta and some was his fault, some was woodys fault, and some of it was Josh Smiths fault. But Dennis is in a different situation, Bud will not hold Dennis back from using his strengths. If Dennis wants to become a household name in this league he need to do these 5 things he's very capable of doing:

-keep playing great aggressive defense

-continue to work on your mid range shot on all phases (off screens, etc) until you become deadly at it (Tony Parker like)

-Learn to use your team on 99% of offensive possessions and minimize the Iso to 1%

-Learn to make better decisions on the floor especially offensively (he's not ultra terrible but some decisions you can tell are made due to early NBA experience...he just need more years under his belt)

-Last and my favorite of all! Something I believe he may be the only individual on the team that has this and that's the "Alpha Dog"....Dennis isn't afraid to be "That Guy"..I once thought Teague was the same way when I saw how he came off the bench and destroyed the Bulls in the playoffs some years back but didnt turn out that way. Dennis on the other hand...the kid has some attitude, if bud told him to take the last shot he would take that shot with the confidence as high as MJ! Dennis may fail but keep his head up at all times. That's the making of a leader.

To sum it up yeah I think Dennis can be an all star player no doubt. But can he be a superstar player ? Depends more so on his offense than defense going forward.

The bolded parts sets him apart in my mind as well. He is not afraid to fail and has the confidence to be a leader. You can also see that is how our players view him. Perfect example: last nights game when he hit the three to tie it up. He strode off with a non chalant confidence and players patted him on the head and back like that is exactly what he should be doing.

Edited by Buzzard