• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New York Post Rumor

KB21

This is a New York Post Rumor, so you know it probably has no basis in fact at all.

The NYP says that Atlanta has offered Theo Ratliff and Alan Henderson to Portland for Rasheed Wallace, but that Portland countered, saying they want Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Stephen Jackson.

I would hate the day the Hawks acquire a person like Wallace, and I would look forward to his leaving during the summer if it did happen.

Sounds like The Post is operating under the thought that Babcock is still in charge LOL. I think too many people in town still are trying to wash the stink of JR Rider off their jerseys and if Knight did do something that stupid he'd never live it down for the rest of his very short stay in ATL.

First, Sheed is a MUCH MUCH better defender than SAR is. Combine him with Theo and Diaw and our frontcourt would be as good as there is defensively in the league. SAR has better moves in the low post but Sheed is a better all around scorer. However, even as I can see some benefits to adding him, I definitely wouldnt do it in a trade for SAR because it wouldnt help us that much and he would probably be a major chemistry problem. One thing though that if we did trade for him he would have to either play PF with SAR at SF or SF with SAR at PF. We would be a much bigger team if we could trade him for Theo and change.

[censored] i would do it then we could just let rasheed walk this summer and make a run at kobe. in the draft if we get lucky we could draft okafor and he and ratliff down low would be awesome. If we could somehow sway(if of course he isn't in jail) kobe to coming here we could get this team turned around in 1 yrs time. our defense would be so much better w/ okafor and kobe. we woiuld have 4 defensive players on the floor to make up 4 jt sorry azz. it has been said that kobe wants to go to a team to be the man and not 2nd fiddle to shaq. what better place toi do this than atl? he would go down as the man that made the hawks just like vick w/ the falcons. Miracles do happen

Kobe ain't leaving...and certainly not for ATL. I'd love for it to happen, don't get me wrong. But banking on it happening...well, bad idea. however, I guess there might be slight, slight logic in putting yourself inposition to make the attempt...pipe dreams if Kobe and Vick living down the street from one another.

I have thought aobut what would happen if we got Okafor in the draft this year? would we then trade Reef? For what?

Weez,

Okafur won't be a spectacular pro. You guys need to get a grip. He is going to come out and be decent, but he won't have near the skillset of Shareef.

Get Okafur out of your minds. If we have that early of a pick, we can get something or someone that will better suit our needs. A 6'9" C/PF is NOT what this team needs.

Play.

I'd MUCH rather do Theo/Hendu for Wallace but I'd strongly consider the following deal:

Reef, Hendu, Jax, CC for Wallace, Dale Davis and Qyntel Woods.

I think adding Wallace and Davis to the frontcourt (I'd start Wallace at SF) alongside Theo would give us the inside toughness we lack. I'd round out the backcourt with Diaw and JT. Off the bench, we'd have Nazr, Nailon (I'd bring him back), Woods, Glove and JV. DD and Hansen would round out the team.

Theo/Nazr

Davis/Nailon

Wallace/Woods

Diaw/Glove/Hansen

JT/JV/DD

I could also see Woods starting at SF (though he's not quite ready), Wallace sliding to PF and Davis coming off the bench.

The trade might not work out but worse case scenario, Wallace and Davis represent $26 million off next year's cap and we start rebuilding a year early.

It works at Real GM:

Atlanta trades: SF Stephen Jackson (12.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 33.4 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (2.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.9 minutes)

PF Alan Henderson (2.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.9 minutes)

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.7 apg in 36.3 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Qyntel Woods (3.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.8 minutes)

C Dale Davis (5.9 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.4 minutes)

SF Rasheed Wallace (16.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -8.7 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Portland trades: SF Qyntel Woods (3.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.8 minutes)

C Dale Davis (5.9 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.4 minutes)

SF Rasheed Wallace (16.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.9 minutes)

Portland receives: SF Stephen Jackson (12.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 30 games)

PF Chris Crawford (2.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14 games)

PF Alan Henderson (2.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14 games)

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.7 apg in 32 games)

Change in team outlook: +8.7 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

As I said, I'd MUCH rather trade Theo/Hendu for Wallace and keep Reef but I'd strongly consider making this trade.

Battier is not a great scorer but he can hit the open J. That's all we would need him to be able to do. Diaw could take on the primary playmaking responsibilities and let JT look for his shot. Defensively, a lineup of:

Theo

Wallace

Battier

Diaw

JT

would be pretty good. JT would be the only weak defender in the lineup but he'd have a lot of guys who could help him out. That being said, how would you propose to get Battier? Nazr? I'd do that but Nazr might not be enough.

KB21,

Again, defense starts with the PG.

If Terry plays toro with his man all night, I don't care who else you have... a good PG will kill us.

They will draw and kick all night.

Trading Reef for Wallace is worthless. It loses a great person and a great scorer for a washed up loud-mouth. The guy doesn't play leagues above Reef in defense... certainly not good enough to command TWO players in a trade.

Reef can win in this league with proper players and a decent system.

Let's lose the players who don't play basketball. Jackson and Glover. I still believe, in my heart (which means I am probably wrong), that JT is salvagable with a good coach.

Play.