• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atl / Utah

h4wkfan

Teague / THJr for R Hood/Withey. Who says no? We get a potential go to scorer and back up big. Utah adds more offense to go along with Hayward and their defense.

If we could unload Scott and Splitter's contract we would still have enough room to make a push for a guy like Barnes or Batum and resign Horford. Draft Beasley to be the future 6th man.

Shro / BU?

Hood / Korver / Beasley

Barnes / Sef

Sap / Hump

Horford / Withey / Tavares 

I know they are high on hood, but look at the landscape of the NBA. All teams have top points...at least the top teams, for the most part. 

This gives Utah a top tier, more offensive minded, point to run their team. And let's be real, Exum is nothing more than a project at this point coming off an injury who would benefit greatly from learning under Teague. Plus, they still owe us from Mack and have the 12 pick to replace Hood. 

Maybe just wishful thinking by me, but I think this is realistic and would benefit both teams.

3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Teague has one year left on his contract ... it would be different if he had multiple years ... I find it hard to believe they would give up Hood for a potential rental of Teague for a season

@capstone21 I see this 'rental' as a short sighted  and overplayed view. Yes, there is a chance the traded player leaves, but the odds are low. How many players actually leave the teams they get traded to? I can think of two offhand - Dwight to LAL and Rondo to Dallas, you know what they both have in common - they are both head cases.

Charlotte took a chance on Batum's one year deal trading GHenderson and their previous #9 pick in Vonleh. Now  it looks like Batum loves it there and is staying. It's  up to the team acquiring the player to cultivate an atmosphere that encourages  the player  to want to stick around.

The other thing teams must consider is having the players Full Birds Rights, it's important even if you have capspace.

Consider this, next year Teague's max in free agency will be 30% of $109 mil for a whopping $32 million. I don't  think he'll  get a max but I  can see him getting anywhere from $20-$25 million.  His caphold however would be $12 million dollars.  Don't  you think a team really interested in him would  be prefer to have his $12 million dollar caphold as opposed  to having to clear $20 mill plus in capspace to sign him? Front office's have to think far beyond the today trade regarding cap figures for the future and manuevering players.

• Admin
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@capstone21 I see this 'rental' as a short sighted  and overplayed view. Yes, there is a chance the traded player leaves, but the odds are low. How many players actually leave the teams they get traded to? I can think of two offhand - Dwight to LAL and Rondo to Dallas, you know what they both have in common - they are both head cases.

Charlotte took a chance on Batum's one year deal trading GHenderson and their previous #9 pick in Vonleh. Now  it looks like Batum loves it there and is staying. It's  up to the team acquiring the player to cultivate an atmosphere that encourages  the player  to want to stick around.

The other thing teams must consider is having the players Full Birds Rights, it's important even if you have capspace.

Consider this, next year Teague's max in free agency will be 30% of $109 mil for a whopping $32 million. I don't  think he'll  get a max but I  can see him getting anywhere from $20-$25 million.  His caphold however would be $12 million dollars.  Don't  you think a team really interested in him would  be prefer to have his $12 million dollar caphold as opposed  to having to clear $20 mill plus in capspace to sign him? Front office's have to think far beyond the today trade regarding cap figures for the future and manuevering players.

Overvaluing aside ... you do have a point and if we could get full value for him then I would consider some of these trades that were being proposed.