Atlanta/Utah.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Teague, #21  for Alec Burks, Trey Burke, #12.

This is the hand the team over to Dennis trade.   Assuming that Teague is out of here next offseason.    We trade for Burks, Burke, and a Swap of Picks.

Utah Does it because Teague is better than any PG they have AND Coach Snyder has worked with Teague.

Here's why they would do it:

Teague gives Exum time to heal or they may even trade Exum or move him to OG.     Mack makes a very capable reserve PG.     The vet leadership from Teague with Heyward, Favors, and Gobert could be what sets Utah apart.   Plus Alec Burks just had another surgery and has 3 more years on his contract.   Trey Burke has fallen into Snyder's doghouse.     And the Swap of picks doesn't hurt Utah too much because 12 and 21 have about the same potential for a team looking for a shooter.

Why do we do it:

When he does play, Alec Burke is a really nice player and could be a good fit here at SG.   We can allow him to take his time getting back because we have THJr and Korver.    Trey Burke... while he may be in the doghouse for Snyder, could be the backup for Dennis.. providing a good shooter.   The 12th pick puts Atlanta closer to the action...  Maybe Jaylen Brown slides or maybe Brice Johnson could be a target.

I can't see UT doing this.  Jeff on a 1-year deal makes it unacceptable to them I think.

Also, you know you don't wanna trade Jeff.  You're just trying to draw attention away from your anti-Dennis rhetoric.  I see you, Diesel.  I see you.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Is Exum expected to be ready for the season opener or camp before that?

He's been cleared for full basketball activities. He'll miss Aussy Olympics and Summer League to continue rehab for start of season.

I think he'll still be limited, maybe a minutes restriction.

My memory must be fuzzy because I thought he looked young but ok the few minutes I saw him a year and a half ago (understanding that he really was a kid). Believe he was used at both guard spots in that stretch. But I have looked at his percentages and he really has got to learn to shoot at this level. Thirty five per cent from two, just under thirty two percent from three and sixty three per cent from the line. Assist to turnover was just two.  

Just now, Thomas said:

My memory must be fuzzy because I thought he looked young but ok the few minutes I saw him a year and a half ago (understanding that he really was a kid). Believe he was used at both guard spots in that stretch. But I have looked at his percentages and he really has got to learn to shoot at this level. Thirty five per cent from two, just under thirty two percent from three and sixty three per cent from the line. Assist to turnover was just two.  

That's the knock on him - can't shoot.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Exactly. 

Utah may be low key trying to find his replacement.   Moreover, I don't think Utah is as bother by Teague's contract as other teams because Snyder has a good relationship with Teague and over the year could probably put Teague in a very good light.  With the fire power Utah has, I would become a fan.  Their offense and defense would be awesome. 

Think about Teague, Hood, Heyward, Favors and Gobert.   Sorry GS, this team could up end you all.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Think about Teague, Hood, Heyward, Favors and Gobert. 

Interesting combination of bigs, SF offense and back court speed and scoring. Always helps to have a really good coach too. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

Interesting combination of bigs, SF offense and back court speed and scoring. 

Yeah.. and they get Teague for a doghouse player, a player always on IL, and a swap of picks.  It's a win for Utah.  It's also a chance for Teague to prove to the Atlanta experts just how good he really is. 

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Exactly. 

Utah may be low key trying to find his replacement.   Moreover, I don't think Utah is as bother by Teague's contract as other teams because Snyder has a good relationship with Teague and over the year could probably put Teague in a very good light.  With the fire power Utah has, I would become a fan.  Their offense and defense would be awesome. 

Think about Teague, Hood, Heyward, Favors and Gobert.   Sorry GS, this team could up end you all.

At the trade deadline, the rumor was the Hawks asked for Hood and a 1st round pick for Teague.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

At the trade deadline, the rumor was the Hawks asked for Hood and a 1st round pick for Teague.

Well, since that Point, I think Hood solidified his spot. 

Moreover, as the time goes farther, the less value Teague becomes.  Teams won't offer good things for Teague because they know that the Cap is going to Jump again and they could easily just make room for Teague and go after him and not give up anything.

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, since that Point, I think Hood solidified his spot. 

Moreover, as the time goes farther, the less value Teague becomes.  Teams won't offer good things for Teague because they know that the Cap is going to Jump again and they could easily just make room for Teague and go after him and not give up anything.

That's where I disagree.  Birds rights are importane even with a rising cap.  It means teams can have more space to ADD players.

Teague's cap hold is $12 million.  As a free agent Utah has to clear say $20 million in capspace to sign him outright.  Having Teague's birdrights save Utah $8 million in capspace to further ADD to their roster..  Haywood will also be due a Free agent (player option) so they need to resign him as well.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's where I disagree.  Birds rights are importane even with a rising cap.  It means teams can have more space to ADD players.

Teague's cap hold is $12 million.  As a free agent Utah has to clear say $20 million in capspace to sign him outright.  Having Teague's birdrights save Utah $8 million in capspace to further ADD to their roster..  Haywood will also be due a Free agent (player option) so they need to resign him as well.

They can go over the cap to sign Hood. 

However, I think if faced with having to relieve themselves of Hood to get Teague or wait,  I figure that they would wait.   It's going to be a staredown and I think we will blink if they offered #12.