Hawkset Podcast: Episode 7 [NBA Draft Preview]

romebee

We might as well call this the HawkSquawk Podcast the way yall have supported us! :laugh:

This episode, @NBASupesand I discussed tomorrow night's draft. We delved into the 21st pick and what direction the Hawks might go. An international draft and stash guy (Zubac)? An athletic wing (Prince or Bembry)? Or a developmental big man (Stone, Diallo, Zimmerman)?  Supes also named a 2nd rd sleeper who he compared to Klay Thompson.

Listen in, give us your feedback and please shoot me a message if you want to appear on our next episode. It'll be a post draft/Free Agency Preview. I want to have a member or two on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coachx said:

Supes ? I have not posted much the last couple of years but wasn't he the clown that got banned repeatedly ? Same guy ?

@coachx  Yes, since  he was banned the last time and came back he is a kinder, gentler @NBASupes

2 hours ago, coachx said:

Supes ? I have not posted much the last couple of years but wasn't he the clown that got banned repeatedly ? Same guy ?

Lol...lmao...I'm about to listen to this but that was hilarious coachx...he's a new man now...we refer to him as Supelite!

1 minute ago, romebee said:

giphy.gif

Please, tell me more about this "old" Supes...LMAO

Lol, I have no more 'likes' to give you but that gif is a classic.  I don't remember Supes being all that bad.  Modz were really intense back when I first started here so I chalked it up to that more than anything.

I do recall him apologizing and promising to be better.

Lastly, before I start this here podcast, do I have your assurances that you punched that one guy in the gut like I asked?

@romebee

I think it was Supes that  threatened to go to somebody's house and beat them up. that was the last straw. He begged back, @Dolfan23 asked what we thought about bringing him  back, we were ok with it (Hawks fans a few). he  came back but came back under a different name and he wasn't as bad.  Then he came clean about who he was - it was hilarious. 

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@romebee

I think it was Supes that  threatened to go to somebody's house and beat them up. that was the last straw. He begged back, @Dolfan23 asked what we thought about bringing him  back, we were ok with it (Hawks fans a few). he  came back but came back under a different name and he wasn't as bad.  Then he came clean about who he was - it was hilarious. 

I didn't beg to come back, I came back under a different name but Dolfan realized it was me and I had to ask for forgiveness due to my past transgressions. 

Ok just finished listening and I have a few thought. Good job overall I enjoyed it. I really feel you guys need another person who knows the game, I nominate lw3! :-) It's just a better feel as a roundtable when there's 3 or 4 vs just you two. When it's you two it reminds me of the Merv Griffin episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and Newman are sitting on a set talking to each other about wax beans. Then Kramer says.."well we've officially bombed out."

I agree with Prince and Denzel being great picks. As Kenny mentioned, Prince was a guard before his growth spurt. The guy that had a similar thing happened to him was Anthony Davis. Now in no way, shape or form am I even comparing the two guys, but when you start out as a guard, you have to learn guard skills, so your dribbling, passing, vision and other fundamentals become more solid than the average bigger guy who never has to rely on those things because of his size. Comparison of DMC, dead on.

I love Valentine. The guy can do it all. He's versatile and would be an absolute perfect fit in our system. Now that we have the 12th pick, IF we can't trade it, I'd seriously consider him, he's a winner. He reminds me a lot of Manu Ginobili personally. He can shoot, pass, rebound, is gritty as hell and hates to lose, not to mention being a gym rat.

Deandre Bembry reminds me of Childress. I'm sorry, I understand he would fit in our system due to strong fundamentals and being a team player and getting to the hole and being an all around guy but something tells me his ceiling is low. I feel as though his impact won't be as strong in the NBA as it was in college.

Kenny mentioned Brown and Hield. I live 40 minutes from Cal, my sister went there for college so we have a lot of friends and visit the campus often. I saw Brown play many times. His game is fit for the NBA. Just as Bembry was better as a collegiate guy, Brown will be an excellent pro. He is somewhere in between Kawhi and Stanley Johnson, a physical specimen that can get to the hole with ease. I also disagreed with Kenny as he said Brown can't defend from day 1. I actually believe he can as defensive is second nature to this guy. If we land him, Bud will probably need a tissue for his love juice.

Buddy Hield is perfect for our system. Kenny compared him to Mitch Richmond. Again, living in the Bay Area since 86, I got a chance to watch Richmond play almost nightly with the Warriors then Kings. The Rock was a different player. Richmond backed people down and punished then with his strength. Not saying Hield isn't strong but Buddy reminds me a lot more of Klay Thompson. He's one of my top targets.

Kenny also mentioned Malcolm Brogdon as being a Danny Green type. I personally see him as a taller Andre Miller. He will probably get drafted in the early 2nd but honestly, he should be going 20-25 imo. He's gonna stick in the NBA because of his defense, size and strength. 

Overall ll you guys did a pretty awesome job, kudos! Get @lethalweapon3 on the show. I really think he would be an awesome addition and draw a lot more listeners. Keep up the great job. Peace!

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@romebee

Ah pishaw JBird, who among us hasn't threatened to kick a door in every once in a while?  I seem to recall you giving a certain poster some major side-eye a coupla times. :ninja:  I'm pretty sure some threats went down in the DM's (am I using that right? hehe).

Agree with much of what @Spud2Nique wrote regarding the podcast.  Good job overall.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah pishaw JBird, who among us hasn't threatened to kick a door in every once in a while?  I seem to recall you giving a certain poster some major side-eye a coupla times. :ninja:  I'm pretty sure some threats went down in the DM's (am I using that right? hehe).

Agree with much of what @Spud2Nique wrote regarding the podcast.  Good job overall.

Put @kg01 on the podcast. I wanna hear what Gonzo wants so bad....:-|

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Me and coachx has never gotten along from way back in the days. Him, HF and me don't really like each other.  So if he name calls, I really don't care. 

It's allright, bruh.  I got major beef with a coupla folks here.  I was able to forgive @MaceCase for being a massive turd so I only mildly despise him now.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Put @kg01 on the podcast. I wanna hear what Gonzo wants so bad....:-|

I would don my 90's-era Al Sharpton wig and broker a tentative peace between Supes and coachx.  We'd have gonz on as a surprise guest.  It would be a mess and it would be glorious.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok just finished listening and I have a few thought. Good job overall I enjoyed it. I really feel you guys need another person who knows the game, I nominate lw3! :-) It's just a better feel as a roundtable when there's 3 or 4 vs just you two. When it's you two it reminds me of the Merv Griffin episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and Newman are sitting on a set talking to each other about wax beans. Then Kramer says.."well we've officially bombed out."

I agree with Prince and Denzel being great picks. As Kenny mentioned, Prince was a guard before his growth spurt. The guy that had a similar thing happened to him was Anthony Davis. Now in no way, shape or form am I even comparing the two guys, but when you start out as a guard, you have to learn guard skills, so your dribbling, passing, vision and other fundamentals become more solid than the average bigger guy who never has to rely on those things because of his size. Comparison of DMC, dead on.

I love Valentine. The guy can do it all. He's versatile and would be an absolute perfect fit in our system. Now that we have the 12th pick, IF we can't trade it, I'd seriously consider him, he's a winner. He reminds me a lot of Manu Ginobili personally. He can shoot, pass, rebound, is gritty as hell and hates to lose, not to mention being a gym rat.

Deandre Bembry reminds me of Childress. I'm sorry, I understand he would fit in our system due to strong fundamentals and being a team player and getting to the hole and being an all around guy but something tells me his ceiling is low. I feel as though his impact won't be as strong in the NBA as it was in college.

Kenny mentioned Brown and Hield. I live 40 minutes from Cal, my sister went there for college so we have a lot of friends and visit the campus often. I saw Brown play many times. His game is fit for the NBA. Just as Bembry was better as a collegiate guy, Brown will be an excellent pro. He is somewhere in between Kawhi and Stanley Johnson, a physical specimen that can get to the hole with ease. I also disagreed with Kenny as he said Brown can't defend from day 1. I actually believe he can as defensive is second nature to this guy. If we land him, Bud will probably need a tissue for his love juice.

Buddy Hield is perfect for our system. Kenny compared him to Mitch Richmond. Again, living in the Bay Area since 86, I got a chance to watch Richmond play almost nightly with the Warriors then Kings. The Rock was a different player. Richmond backed people down and punished then with his strength. Not saying Hield isn't strong but Buddy reminds me a lot more of Klay Thompson. He's one of my top targets.

Kenny also mentioned Malcolm Brogdon as being a Danny Green type. I personally see him as a taller Andre Miller. He will probably get drafted in the early 2nd but honestly, he should be going 20-25 imo. He's gonna stick in the NBA because of his defense, size and strength. 

Overall ll you guys did a pretty awesome job, kudos! Get @lethalweapon3 on the show. I really think he would be an awesome addition and draw a lot more listeners. Keep up the great job. Peace!

We would love to continue to add more hosts each EP. We didn't have time to ask others to join in. We both have such busy personal lives. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We would love to continue to add more hosts each EP. We didn't have time to ask others to join in. We both have such busy personal lives. 

I feel that. Nice work though, good analysis for both you guys.

2 minutes ago, romebee said:

Thanks for listening and for the feedback @Spud2Nique

@lethalweapon3the invitation is open for you to join us!

No worries. I used a "like" on this then immediately took it back. I need to save my likes for the draft like an 8 year old kid saving $ for a new bike....

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

No worries. I used a "like" on this then immediately took it back. I need to save my likes for the draft like an 8 year old kid saving $ for a new bike....

:laugh1:

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

*incoming gif from The Office*

noted-ryan-the-office.gif