• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So uhhhh who are we targeting?

ViewsFromTheSquawk

Seems like the same BS from management. New off season new owner meet the old owners. Make some minor moves keep what you have and the result will be the same make the playoffs get bounced rd 1 or 2. Sounds like a broken record. I understand Hawks won't get KD but can't we at least make a splash and sign Beal. Beal is young altohugh injury prone. Just have him ready for the playoffs. Instead I hear talk of an aging Deng who won't be around for a few yrs at best and can he still put up numbers. Hawks should sign Beal and then go over cap with Horf. Cleveland does this yet the Hawks seem to be to stupid to consider adding young major talent.

• Like 1

"DeMar DeRozan doesn't plan on scheduling meetings with rival teams at the start of free agency as he focuses on re-signing with the Toronto  Raptors."

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"DeMar DeRozan doesn't plan on scheduling meetings with rival teams at the start of free agency as he focuses on re-signing with the Toronto  Raptors."

So his tattoo "Loyalty" does carry weight. Not all that common in this league. A few HOF examples not withstanding. 

Then there's this:

Tim MacMahon: Hassan Whiteside: “I really don’t think it’s about loyalty. It’s about the best situation for myself.” http://es.pn/28WS5iU – via Twitter espn_macmahon

Ethan J. Skolnick: Asked if he’ll stay in Miami if all things are equal. Long pause. “We’ll see.” – via Twitter EthanJSkolnick

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then there's this:

Tim MacMahon: Hassan Whiteside: “I really don’t think it’s about loyalty. It’s about the best situation for myself.” http://es.pn/28WS5iU – via Twitter espn_macmahon

Ethan J. Skolnick: Asked if he’ll stay in Miami if all things are equal. Long pause. “We’ll see.” – via Twitter EthanJSkolnick

He will be the worst big name signing by somebody. I feel as though Riley is too smart and he won't be a member of the Heat next year.

2 hours ago, thescout5 said:

Target Beal.

The Hawks can target Beal all they want, but he is a RESTRICTED FREE AGENT and Washington can match whatever offer he gets AND Washington has more cap space than Atlanta.  Beal is a pipe dream.  Please don't go blaming management when we don't get Beal. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks can target Beal all they want, but he is a RESTRICTED FREE AGENT and Washington can match whatever offer he gets AND Washington has more cap space than Atlanta.  Beal is a pipe dream.  Please don't go blaming management when we don't get Beal. 

My bad Beal is a restricted free agent. I would go after Noah would add toughness and fire to the club as well as rebounds.Hawks won't do it since Al is best at center however still doesn't solve the problem how do you outrebound Cleveland with their front line. Hawks need wings and some rebounding vs bigger clubs. The lack of scoring from Sap vs bigger players is a worry.

Joakim Noah has a specific priority list in mind as he weighs his free agent options along with his agent Bill Duffy.

Noah wants a chance to win first and foremost.

Noah then would like a chance to both start and finish games, as well as play for a team to support his Noah's Arc Foundation.

A source said the viewpoint that Noah will chase the best offer is “naïve.’’

“They obviously don’t know Jo’s make-up,’’ the source said.

Noah has reportedly ruled out re-signing with the Bulls.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Joakim Noah has a specific priority list in mind as he weighs his free agent options along with his agent Bill Duffy.

Noah wants a chance to win first and foremost.

Noah then would like a chance to both start and finish games, as well as play for a team to support his Noah's Arc Foundation.

A source said the viewpoint that Noah will chase the best offer is “naïve.’’

“They obviously don’t know Jo’s make-up,’’ the source said.

Noah has reportedly ruled out re-signing with the Bulls.

Come reunite with ur boy Al and lets do this!!!!

51 minutes ago, pimp said:

Why would he? Who is starting and finishing then? Or are you dumping Millsap?

Well if we get him I'd try to flip SAP for other pieces...honestly I'd rather roll with Al and Noah vs Al and SAP.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Noah is broken and horrid on the offensive end.  Let OKC have him.

Lol...ummm why the hell would he go to OKC...they have like 211 big men..lol. Also, shooting isn't everything in an offense. Have you seen Noah pass the ball? Seriously dude, start watching some games, I think you might enjoy watching basketball games.

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...ummm why the hell would he go to OKC...they have like 211 big men..lol. Also, shooting isn't everything in an offense. Have you seen Noah pass the ball? Seriously dude, start watching some games, I think you might enjoy watching basketball games.

He would go there because of Billy Donovan.  Insert Noah in the lineup instead of Millsap and the starters aren't breaking 50 points.  He can pass the ball all he wants, but there wouldn't be anyone to score.  Besides he is finished as a a player anyway.  Any team who pays for Noah is getting him for at best 60 games and that's a stretch.  No thanks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

He would go there because of Billy Donovan.  Insert Noah in the lineup instead of Millsap and the starters aren't breaking 50 points.  He can pass the ball all he wants, but there wouldn't be anyone to score.  Besides he is finished as a a player anyway.  Any team who pays for Noah is getting him for at best 60 games and that's a stretch.  No thanks.

Agree about Noah. Noah's stats last year almost don't count at all because he only played in 29 games and for just under an average of 22 minutes a game. Doesn't build up much confidence about him being able to play in the playoffs even one game.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Start Sap, Horf and Noah.  Sap still gets most of his minutes at PF but you soothe Noah's ego and get him on board with the promise of winning and sell him on being the key to challenging Cleveland on the boards.  His relationship with Al would be a key part of the sell.  

We have no clear starter at SF so nobody's ego need be worried about that.  I could be on board starting the season doing that for the right price.  Noah's rebounding and defense could make a big difference when healthy and we'd have the depth to let him miss time.  His passing with Sap and Al could be deadly.  With Al spending so much time on the perimeter, it could even work out in terms of spacing.

I'd be intrigued with health being the main worry.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Start Sap, Horf and Noah.  Sap still gets most of his minutes at PF but you soothe Noah's ego and get him on board with the promise of winning and sell him on being the key to challenging Cleveland on the boards.  His relationship with Al would be a key part of the sell.  

We have no clear starter at SF so nobody's ego need be worried about that.  I could be on board starting the season doing that for the right price.  Noah's rebounding and defense could make a big difference when healthy and we'd have the depth to let him miss time.  His passing with Sap and Al could be deadly.  With Al spending so much time on the perimeter, it could even work out in terms of spacing.

I'd be intrigued with health being the main worry.

The "shittier" post once again will attract the flies...lol.

I swear next time I have an idea, I'll just PM you, you post it, and I'll enjoy my likes through yours...

wait, that last part didn't sound right...wtf...my bad :-|