• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So uhhhh who are we targeting?

ViewsFromTheSquawk

Budcox is being a real pain in the butt right now not leaking anything... All these teams leaking of guys who we plan on targeting an the best we've heard was from @NBASupes with the Deng thread. So really? What is the plan? I know we didn't trade Teague for nothing an I'm sure Horford will be back. But what is the goal this Free Agency? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The goal for this off season is the same as its been for years.  Sit back and basically not do anything.  Bring back the team's free agents and nothing more.  Last summer was supposed to be the most important in team history and they lost DMC and added Splitter.  Wrap your head around that for a moment.  

I don't understand. How do we add these 2 guys in Bembry and Prince yet we're still trying to bring in more average wings with resigning Baze and signing Deng? It makes no sense from any standpoint you look at it. 

I hope for the sake of fans they put out offers for Beal, Barnes, Drummond. 

Have a meeting with Parsons, Batum, JR, DeRozan, Whiteside, Dwight, Biyumbo. 

Honestly, I'd take Al and Baze. Only big names I could see coming is Parsons, Barnes (if GS gets KD), Whiteside (if MIA doesn't want to pay him the max), Dwight (if he wants to play at home) and Biyumbo (if they pay him the most $$$).

I think Whiteside would be better fit than Horford and if we could convince Batum we could be looking at a team to make some noise on the playoffs

Schröder, BU PG, Patterson

Bazemore, THJ, Bembry

Batum, Thabo, Prince

Milsap, Humph

Whiteside, Tavares, J. Hill

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

I hope for the sake of fans they put out offers for Beal, Barnes, Drummond. 

Have a meeting with Parsons, Batum, JR, DeRozan, Whiteside, Dwight, Biyumbo. 

Honestly, I'd take Al and Baze. Only big names I could see coming is Parsons, Barnes (if GS gets KD), Whiteside (if MIA doesn't want to pay him the max), Dwight (if he wants to play at home) and Biyumbo (if they pay him the most $$$).

If KD picks the Warriors Barnes is likely to join okc.

NO BIYOMBO

NO DWIGHT

NO JR

1 hour ago, MrYellow said:

If KD picks the Warriors Barnes is likely to join okc.

NO BIYOMBO

NO DWIGHT

NO JR

Makes sense. They'll have the cap space for Barnes. I just figured Roberson would slide to SF and Oladipo starts at SG. 

I figured some fans would like Biyumbo because they saw how he performed during the playoffs. Dwight because he's a big name. JR because he just won a title and killed ATL in the playoffs back-to-back years (I highly doubt he comes since he'll want to defend his title).

I don't see a big splash this off season. Resign Horford and Bazemore, get a back up PG, and possibly a back up Center.  This draft obviously set us up depth wise on the wings. Hopefully Splitter is back and healthy as well. I would like to see us get Lin. That would make it for me. He is a quality backup.

The real question on Lin is if he is looking for a starting role somewhere. I think Philadelphia is a captain obvious landing spot.

Edited by Buzzard

I think it's fair to assume no one really knows what Bud is thinking about free agency with what's available. If anything at all

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

I think it's fair to assume no one really knows what Bud is thinking about free agency with what's available. If anything at all

I think that is a very fair statement. We know we need a BU PG, some big depth, and we can have cap if something big comes our way. But what he is thinking is a mystery.

Just like the Teague trade, we probably won't know a thing until something is agreed on. I just read a small tidbit where Prince said he had two workouts with the Hawks and he knew we liked him and would probably take him.

I bet no one else knew this until we drafted him!

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks don't leak stuff, period. 

Anyone notice during the draft that Woj was like 2 picks ahead except when he got to the Hawks?

Bud took notes while walking with the greatest man to ever enter Phillips arena. Yes that is the great Danny Ferry

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think that is a very fair statement. We know we need a BU PG, some big depth, and we can have cap if something big comes our way. But what he is thinking is a mystery.

Just like the Teague trade, we probably won't know a thing until something is agreed on. I just read a small tidbit where Prince said he had two workouts with the Hawks and he knew we liked him and would probably take him.

I bet no one else knew this until we drafted him!

This kind of misery does really resemble the spurs

• Like 2

Probably a wing player. We really need a secondary ball handler in the starting lineup.  Also, why not go after Biyombo as our backup C? Pure ass offensively but we really need a player who specializes in rebounding and doing all the dirty work in the paint.

Edited by Marvin24Williams

There has been some mention of Allan Crabbe on the board, but has there been any mention the Hawks are actually interested in him?

I liked his game the few times I saw him and think he is a little more fluid, not as explosive, but more fluid than Baze. Plus he is a couple years younger. 

So if you had to pick Baze at 14-15 mil or Crabbe at 12-14 mil. Who you got?

5 hours ago, MrYellow said:

This kind of misery does really resemble the spurs

Excellent sarcasm Yellow, a very good kind of misery I think. Also to a post by someone earlier, Prince was talked about on Hawksquawk and on nbadraft.net about our interest in him and how he is similar to DMC and would fit. So really him getting drafted by us was not the surprise just how high he was taken. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alex said:

The goal for this off season is the same as its been for years.  Sit back and basically not do anything.  Bring back the team's free agents and nothing more.  Last summer was supposed to be the most important in team history and they lost DMC and added Splitter.  Wrap your head around that for a moment.  

AND WE HAVE A WINNER:

dvcxb.gif?w=300&h=177

• Like 1