• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off To The Races: Kevin Durant At Forefront Of NBA's Early Statistical Anomalies

HawkItus

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/14/warriors-thunder-kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-demar-derozan-stats-highlights?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Dwight Howard: +4.1%

I’m unsure what to make of the Hawks, who entered this week second in the East and as the only team to beat the Cavaliers. Is Atlanta’s success this season any different from the past two years, when they were ultimately easy playoff fodder for LeBron? The addition of Dwight Howard at least makes this team interesting, and it appears Howard may be buying in to the team concept. Howard has been finishing in the pick-and-roll more frequently this season than last, and his points per possession as the roll man are up .18 points as well. Howard’s being utilized as a roll man on 13.4% of his possessions so far with the Hawks, compared to 9.3% his final year in Houston. That's a 4.1% increase, and Howard’s mark of 1.28 points per possession as a pick-and-roll finisher is higher than Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns and Hassan Whiteside.

Look, it’s early in the season and Dwight’s stats could be some margin-of-error situation, but this is slightly promising for Atlanta. Howard is a devastating pick-and-roll player whose seemingly loathed that aspect of his game in favor of post touches. But Howard has the potential to form a special tandem with Dennis Schröder, a nimble guard who excels at getting downhill into the paint. If Howard’s uptick as a roll-man finisher continues, the Hawks could eventually become a tougher out in the postseason.

• Like 1

They'd rather make the storyline like this is some sort of surprise none of them saw rather than simply admitting they were wrong.

Those media idiots may have never seen it coming but I think many of us that actually know the Hawks aren't too surprised.

We still have meshing to do but because of Bud's system and our defensive potential coming in, I can't really say I'm pinching myself.

• Like 2