• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr Trade

NBASupes

Now the question is, does Supes want to trade THJr. The answer is HELL NAW! But I know Atlanta is not going to pay him this off-season. They are building up Bembry to be the SG of the future, not Tim. Plus that stupid Bazemore deal is biting us in the ass. So we need to get great value for a guard who is quickly becoming one of the better guards in the NBA. Especially off the bench. 

Atlanta Trades: Tim Hardaway Jr and Mike Scott

Philly Trades: Jahlil Okafor and Robert Covington

This gives us more options at the SF position. Also, signing Neal makes Hardaway somewhat but not really expendable. Scott for the most part is just a filler.

As for Okafor, give us a young piece to mold and work with plus he has two more years of contract before RFA. He's a very good post scorer but a bad defender. He's a good fit to go straight to the D-League and a player Bud can mold like he did with Baze and Tim. 

Covington is a player who might surprise and play well with Atlanta. I do not have my hopes up but he has a good contract and we can use a forward who can play PF and SF since Thabo isn't use as a 4 as much. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is Covington a free agent as well?

No. Okafor has two years and Covington has a year. 

Tim and Mike are going to be FA's. Tim is a RFA. I can see Tim getting what Miami guard Johnson got in FA last year. 

To me, backup center is a critical role for the future. Dwight is going to seriously regress in three years. Moose is going to get a Jon Lurer type of deal this off-season, I am not sure Atlanta wants to pay. Splitter is likely a goner, probably retirement or SAS. So this is a position we need to fill now than later. 

Edited by NBASupes

I like Bembry but unless he can get his shot to respectable, his best role will end up being the guard version of Boris Diaw off the bench.

Yes the Kent Bazemore deal is going to really bite and look like a huge mistake in the offseason. It's going to really cap the abilities to adjust the team. It would have been smarter to let him go, try to hammer down a friendly deal with Hardaway Jr, and start Sefolosha and Korver together.

If that happens I honestly think Korver is still here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I like Bembry but unless he can get his shot to respectable, his best role will end up being the guard version of Boris Diaw off the bench.

Yes the Kent Bazemore deal is going to really bite and look like a huge mistake in the offseason. It's going to really cap the abilities to adjust the team. It would have been smarter to let him go, try to hammer down a friendly deal with Hardaway Jr, and start Sefolosha and Korver together.

If that happens I honestly think Korver is still here.

I agree but he's in year one of development. He still has a lot of time.