Brandon Knight

marco102

Do you guys think we will trade for Brandon Knight as a backup PG in the off season using trade exceptions?  I think he'll be a welcome fit.  His shooting has fell off a bit, but I believe Bud and the coaches can get him back up to par.   My dream scenario would be to do a three team trade ship Bazemore to the Nets, get Brandon Knight.  The Hawks probably would have to give up some picks in that scenario. 

Edited by marco102

I think he's an interesting name who I didn't like at the beginning of the season but I really like for us now.  Just talent upgrade for me.  That's all I'm about now.  Is he better than DelaneySucks?  Of course.  He's also able to get his own shot and create for others (enough).

Only issue is he's a guy who's chirped about wanting to start.  Something he certainly would not be doing here.  The fact that PHX wasn't able to move him should be an indication that he might need to embrace a bench role.

Would be a good addition IMHO.  Baze + pick(s) to BKN, BlowPez to PHX (unlikely since they have Chandler), Knight to us.  Honestly, we could probably get him for cheap.  They should be looking to sell.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think he's an interesting name who I didn't like at the beginning of the season but I really like for us now.  Just talent upgrade for me.  That's all I'm about now.  Is he better than DelaneySucks?  Of course.  He's also able to get his own shot and create for others (enough).

Only issue is he's a guy who's chirped about wanting to start.  Something he certainly would not be doing here.  The fact that PHX wasn't able to move him should be an indication that he might need to embrace a bench role.

Would be a good addition IMHO.  Baze + pick(s) to BKN, BlowPez to PHX (unlikely since they have Chandler), Knight to us.  Honestly, we could probably get him for cheap.  They should be looking to sell.

He's on a 5 year $70,000,000 deal with 4 million remaining which in today's NBA is a steal!  Then squeeze in Tyson Chandler on his deal and we can field a very competitive team next year.  Not looking past this season of course. Knowing the Hawks they'll get the 8th seed beat Cleveland in the first round and then lose to Miami in the second round..lol

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

He's on a 5 year $70,000,000 deal with 4 million remaining which in today's NBA is a steal!  Then squeeze in Tyson Chandler on his deal and we can field a very competitive team next year.  Not looking past this season of course. Knowing the Hawks they'll get the 8th seed beat Cleveland in the first round and then lose to Miami in the second round..lol

That's a perfectly acceptable deal nowadays.  With Howard, no need for Chandler honestly.  Kinda redundant and not enough minutes to keep them both happy.  JMHO

And, yes, that playoff scenario would be sooo Hawk-ish.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's a perfectly acceptable deal nowadays.  With Howard, no need for Chandler honestly.  Kinda redundant and not enough minutes to keep them both happy.  JMHO

And, yes, that playoff scenario would be sooo Hawk-ish.

I meant with 4 years remaining. 

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I meant with 4 years remaining. 

Yeah, I figured that.  4 years at $17 per isn't awful anymore.

It ain't great but I'd prefer to pay him that than pay Baze that+.

Only issue would be the fact that we've got to pay Sap and pay to bring bak Sap.

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Do you guys think we will trade for Brandon Knight as a backup PG in the off season using trade exceptions?  I think he'll be a welcome fit.  His shooting has fell off a bit, but I believe Bud and the coaches can get him back up to par.   My dream scenario would be to do a three team trade ship Bazemore to the Nets, get Brandon Knight.  The Hawks probably would have to give up some picks in that scenario. 

I don't think we have a Trade Exception that big to accept him in a trade.  We have Splitter's, Scot'ts, and Mo Williams', but unfortunately, TPE's cannot be combined to take on a player.  We'd have to send out matching salaries/players to acquire him.

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I figured that.  4 years at $17 per isn't awful anymore.

It ain't great but I'd prefer to pay him that than pay Baze that+.

Only issue would be the fact that we've got to pay Sap and pay to bring bak Sap.

Knight has 3 years left (after this year)  on his deal at $13.6, $14.6 and $15.6.

Tyson has 2 years left at $13 and $13.5

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think we have a Trade Exception that big to accept him in a trade.  We have Splitter's, Scot'ts, and Mo Williams', but unfortunately, TPE's cannot be combined to take on a player.  We'd have to send out matching salaries/players to acquire him.

Knight has 3 years left (after this year)  on his deal at $13.6, $14.6 and $15.6.

Tyson has 2 years left at $13 and $13.5

Thanks for dropping the knowledge JBH! 

Do you have any idea why Teague's trade exception went away? 

Edited by marco102

30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thanks for dropping the knowledge JBH! 

Do you have any idea why Teague's trade exception went away? 

I'm not 1000% sure, but I think you have to use it within a certain time frame.

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yes, I believe you have one year to use the trade exceptions which means Teague's should still be on the books!

1 year. yes.

I've seen it reported both ways - that we still have it (until 07/0/17) and that we don't.  So I'm not sure.

TPE's count against the overall salary cap figure. So maybe the Hawks dropped it?

We don't have TPE's big enough for him and you can't combine TPEs either, plus he's expensive. We'll be pushing the tax line just resigning everybody to be honest, it'll be interesting seeing what we do.

Also, Knight has been absolutely awful this year. I would do Bazemore for Knight if they attach an asset of some kind, but that's about it.

Edited by TheFuzz