• Raised $390 of $700 target

My MOST ideal 2017 Hawks Team

marco102

Ok, I'm bored.

Here it is.

gNZ9x+mYHfFcwAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Book1.xlsx

How did I get here?

SnT Paul Milsap to Denver Nuggets . The Hawks can only accept in coming salaries of up to Paul Milsap's 2016 Salary + about $5,000,000. The Hawks get Wilson Chandler who is a good defender and has a player option for 2018 - 2019, Darrell Arthur who has a player option for 2018 - 2019 and also shot over 40% from three last year, and Garry Harris (which is probably not going to happen with a SnT with Denver, but I did hear that Denver made him available in order to get Kevin Love so why not do it for the better player in Sap).  Why would Denver do it? I guess so they can resign Danilo, Plumlee and bring in Sap and whatever the driving motivator was for the Kevin Love SnT report. Sap would do it to go to a decent young team and get more in salary.

Trade Kent Bazemore  and Mike Dunleavy to the New York Knicks for Porzingas and Noah. - Noah is def not a bad back up with his rebounding, passing ability and defense.  I say mortgage the future on this trade. All the really good players are 25 or below and the Hawks can flip some of the expiring contracts and player option contracts for additional draft picks to compensate for the picks they lose in the trade. Why would the Knicks do it? The Hawks will bend over backwards to give them as many draft picks as they want (realistically 4 or 5 firsts) and take Noah's contract to get Porzingas.  Also, Dunleavy is expiring and they save on Baze's contract when compared to Noah's. You could also make this trade work with Mason Plumlee and Mike Dunleavy which will give the Knicks even more cap space.

Believe it or not the Hawks will still have a lot of flexibility (giggidy) with the team above due to salaries of approximately  $28,000,000 expiring or having player's options in 2018 - 2019.   

The only free agent signing is Alex Len even though @kg01 doesn't like him.  I think he still has some upside and we need a body for the starting center role so why not?

Also, I'm not sure how the two way contracts work, but Tyler Dorsey and Isaia Cordiner are on them. I'm pretty sure their cap hits will not be $815,000 so total team cap is probably around $108,500,000.   Now for all the Haters of the Dwight trade, if he was still on the team the Hawks would be in the luxury tax.  I just used this as an example to show the Dwight trade isn't the albatross some make it out to be.

The team above probably wouldn't challenge Cleveland next year, but it would be fun to watch and has the perfect mix of offensive and defensive players.

Thoughts?

P.S. check out Kostas, Giannis' little brother.  Maybe the Hawks can make up for 2013 and select the Greek Freak 2.0! Shout out to @KB21 for putting me on to him.

If he turns out to be anything close to his brother and the Hawks find a way to get him charge me what you want for those season tickets.

Edited by marco102