• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How we can end up with 4 lottery picks in the 2018 draft

NBASupes

This is optimal of course:

Step 1: Win the lottery and hire Larrnaga or Jarron Collins. Maybe keep Ham and move him up to HC. 

Step 2: LeBron wants to go to the Knicks if they land Kawhi. KP/Lee/O'Quinn for Kawhi

Step 3: Knicks need cap space to land LeBron and Kanter is only willing to opt out if he gets the new contract for the Knicks. Hawks trade for Noah, Mudiay, and Lance Thomas contract is a strong option for the #9 pick and Dedmon who opts in knowing that he's going to NY with Kawhi and LeBron. Kanter opts out and resigns for 4/44 mil. 

Step 4: Atlanta gets Portland 1st(24th) and Evan Turner for Bazemore. This one is a no-brainer. Much better fit, player, and defensive player who can start in Portland's new system which will be an uptempo system where shooting is a premium. Bazemore is the perfect fit and Turner is a terrible fit and to be frank, a terrible contract. Not that it matters to us if you give us the pick. 

Step 5: Atlanta trades Dennis and Moose, and the 30th pick for Gallinari and his terrible contract for the 12th pick. LAC also trades Pat Beverly to PHX for the 31st pick. Gives LA much better cap flex, a starting PG who's young, and they can move Boban for a scoring wing like Evan F. I would also look to see if Miles Bridges is available at 12 or 13 for LAC.  

Step 6: Atlanta flips the 19th pick and 24th pick to Denver for the 14th pick.

Step 7: Atlanta moves up to 10th from 12th pick and trades a 2019 2nd and Cleveland 2019 1st round pick. 

Step 8: Atlanta drafts Ayton, Mikal Bridges,  drafts a pair of Trae Young or Collin Sexton or Shai-GA. 

Starters:

(Sexton/Trae/Shai)/Mudiay

Bridges/Turner

Prince/Gallo

Collins/Thomas

Ayton/Noah/Plumlee

That's 4 lottery picks! A much better bench. Terrible contract galore but much better bench. A lot of talent and a massive upgrade from last year. Win-Win

Trade Value for bad contracts chart from Supes:  

Top 10: Bad contact over 15 million, multi-year. (J. Noah) 

Late lottery - Mid 1st: Bad contract over 12 million, one year.  (K. Faried or T. Chandler) 

Mid-late 1st: Under 10 million, multi-year or between 10-12 one year. (If J. Dudley had more years on his deal)

Late 1st: Under 10 million, one year (J. Bayless) 

and this is what happens when you go down the tanking road...the madness closes in around you.

Atlanta trades Dennis and Moose, and the 30th pick for Gallinari and his terrible contract for the 12th pick (this goes beyond rape to ceremonial sacrifice). Dennis' value > than his current contract for Gallinari whose contract > his value. He is 6 years older, in order to move up 18 slots.  This is madness.  Dennis +30 is more than enough to score 12 on its own. There is no reason to take on the bad contract.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

and this is what happens when you go down the tanking road...the madness closes in around you.

Atlanta trades Dennis and Moose, and the 30th pick for Gallinari and his terrible contract for the 12th pick (this goes beyond rape to ceremonial sacrifice). Dennis' value > than his current contract for Gallinari whose contract > his value. He is 6 years older, in order to move up 18 slots.  This is madness.  Dennis +30 is more than enough to score 12 on its own. There is no reason to take on the bad contract.

I know Dennis is worth more than this trade. 

I know Bazemore is worth more than my crappy trade. 

The problem isn't the value, it's the teams. There isn't a lot of need around for these players. They must fit that team's system. Ideally, NO would love Bazemore for Hill and a 1st but they don't have their 2018 1st due to the Niko trade so they are out. Only so many teams available to trade with. 

For Dennis, there is a lot of value for him but teams are somewhat down him due to his off the court dealings which he's working on but that is not going to change his value. 

Look, some of these trades especially the player ones are awful. I know but I didn't see any other trades out there and I value these picks even more. 

If we can get Mikal Bridges and Sexton/Young. That's a win-win to me on top of our top 1-7 pick. 

I am looking at it like this. We need to be a bad contract-rookie contract team next year. That way we can add the most talent while taking on NBA vet junk who can come off the bench for us. 

There is no need to move Dennis.  Quite the opposite, we've invested in his maturity time. You give up on Dennis now, you will regret it 5 years from now. I do not like Dennis' attitude or demeanor but I struggle to find many people these days under 25 I like.  The kid is durable, he's a fighter and I'll take the bad with the good with him.  A score first guard is not a bad thing on a team of young players who will struggle in their first 2 years.  Dennis will help us win on nights young players won't.

• Like 2

The fear is that management will move anyone making more than 12 mil a year and that includes Dennis. Because Dennis makes 15.5 every year, not just the next, he is an asset.  The typical contract goes up year to year. Dennis becomes a better deal every year he is on this contract.  Management be warned...Dennis' trade value is in the last year of his contract, not now.

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is no need to move Dennis.  Quite the opposite, we've invested in his maturity time. You give up on Dennis now, you will regret it 5 years from now. I do not like Dennis' attitude or demeanor but I struggle to find many people these days under 25 I like.  The kid is durable, he's a fighter and I'll take the bad with the good with him.  A score first guard is not a bad thing on a team of young players who will struggle in their first 2 years.  Dennis will help us win on nights young players won't.

I don't think we have the squad that best suits Dennis. Dennis needs to be around vets and good players. Something we have none of. 

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The fear is that management will move anyone making more than 12 mil a year and that includes Dennis. Because Dennis makes 15.5 every year, not just the next, he is an asset.  The typical contract goes up year to year. Dennis becomes a better deal every year he is on this contract.  Management be warned...Dennis' trade value is in the last year of his contract, not now.

I agree with you. Dennis contract is amazing. For a starting PG, he's underpaid. 

This is the problem with tanking.....Adam Morrison.   The NBA draft board is littered with can't miss prospects that never pan out.  Adam Morrison was that guy. There were bidding wars trying to move up to take Morrison. Despite having no need, there were people questioning the Bulls trading out of #2 and not taking Morrison as well as people criticizing Toronto taking Bargnani over Aldridge and Morrison.

Notable players taken after can't miss Morrison. 

Brandon Roy

Rudy Gay

J.J. Redick

Thabo Sefolosha

Rajon Rondo

Kyle Lowry

Sergio Rodriquez

P.J. Tucker

Paul Millsap

This is why you don't trade Dennis for the 12th pick.  Once you start tanking you get pick happy, anything for a pick.  Well those picks, those players you fall in love with become Adam Morrison while Paul Millsap falls to the 2nd round, Rajon Rondo falls to 22 and Kyle Lowry makes the strong, stronger.

http://www.nbcsports.com/top-nba-draft-busts-all-time#slide-1  (or just skip to slide 7).

http://www.nbcsports.com/top-nba-draft-busts-all-time#slide-7

Look at the list. Invest in scouting, not hype and not in picks over proven talent. Tanking was a mistake in the first place. We had the talent, we needed tweaking.

Take a look at that 2006 draft. More of those 1st round picks are out of the league now and never made it than did.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 1:09 PM, thecampster said:

This is the problem with tanking.....Adam Morrison.   The NBA draft board is littered with can't miss prospects that never pan out.  Adam Morrison was that guy. There were bidding wars trying to move up to take Morrison. Despite having no need, there were people questioning the Bulls trading out of #2 and not taking Morrison as well as people criticizing Toronto taking Bargnani over Aldridge and Morrison.

Notable players taken after can't miss Morrison. 

Brandon Roy

Rudy Gay

J.J. Redick

Thabo Sefolosha

Rajon Rondo

Kyle Lowry

Sergio Rodriquez

P.J. Tucker

Paul Millsap

This is why you don't trade Dennis for the 12th pick.  Once you start tanking you get pick happy, anything for a pick.  Well those picks, those players you fall in love with become Adam Morrison while Paul Millsap falls to the 2nd round, Rajon Rondo falls to 22 and Kyle Lowry makes the strong, stronger.

http://www.nbcsports.com/top-nba-draft-busts-all-time#slide-1  (or just skip to slide 7).

http://www.nbcsports.com/top-nba-draft-busts-all-time#slide-7

Look at the list. Invest in scouting, not hype and not in picks over proven talent. Tanking was a mistake in the first place. We had the talent, we needed tweaking.

Take a look at that 2006 draft. More of those 1st round picks are out of the league now and never made it than did.

This draft is much better than that draft. This draft is better than last years draft which is miles better than that draft. I see what you want to say about risk but these is a massive difference when its comes to the talent in the 2018 draft and the 2006 draft. Extremely massive gap.