Byron Scott

phoostal

Byron Scott just got fired by the Nets according to ESPN. There is another candidate for the Hawks job next year. Go figure you fire Scott for taking you to the finals for two years in a row.

"Go figure you fire Scott for taking you to the finals for two years in a row."

u dont fire a coach for losing in the Finals 2 years in a row... especially if ur coach is coaching an Eastern team in this era.

thats like firing Sloan for not being able to beat Jordan and the bulls.

it just isint possible.

i think the Nets are just being greedy... i dont care who they hire... they will not do anything more than Eastern Conference champs (and thats even a stretch)

Scott didnt get them to the finals though, he was merely a figurehead and someone that the team superstar didnt see eye to eye with. When they lost Eddie Jordan that killed their team because he was really the one that made the team into the winners that they were. Before he got there they sucked and now after he leaves they suck again.....that is not a coincidence I dont think. It does seem a bit odd to fire Scott right now though so something must have happened again with him and Kidd.

I saw a report that Kidd had expressed interest in a change on after Fridays big loss.

Still, I think the timing of this move is kind of interesting. They just confirmed agreement for the sale of the team. Why did this not put the team in Management limbo like it has for the Hawks?

Maybe the potential owners saw this as a chance to put their own people in place. Maybe other moves will follow. Hmmm?