• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN...HAWKS/BLAZERS TRADED!

hawkster411

Tell me this...Wallace is going to walk this summer. The Hawks will be big players in free agency; however, is the city of Atlanta enough to bring in high profile free agents?

It's obvious that history proves how other teams gambled with free agency ala Chicago to bring in high profile free agents.

I hope that new ownership has a secret game plan that has been in the works for months because last I want is another dominque/danny manny trade.

This is what I hope for the future...!

JT

Kobe

Jackson

?

Nazr

I don't know about that. Just wait and see how Wallace adjusts to the change in scenery. He is a headcase with enormous talent.....he has been better than Reef in the past, and is still young. He is still better than Reef defensively.

I just wonder though who our backup PG is. I hate to lose Reef and Theo. It is good that we got rid of Dickau though. I don't like this deal unless we got a first round pick. There are more details about it to come.

Out of curiosity? You think there is more to this deal...you think Knight has another trade in the works?

I'm disappointed that the hawks couldn't get a conditional 1st round pick with this trade.

It doesn't make sense unless the Hawks are confident that we'll have free agents wanting to sign with us in the offseason...that's a big IF.

I won't be surprised to see other moves now...maybe one more before 2/19.....Knight caught us offguard with this one..but I had a feeling he would pull the trigger on a Reef trade, since he traded Reef for the #3 pickLo Wright and Breven Knight a few years back for Vancouver I guess he figures we can raise Wallace's value. He will definitely be "THE MAN" while he is here the rest of the season, having to take over for Reef, I think Randolph became the goto guy in the post for Portland and that got Wallace out of his game on the perimeter. Now he will be in the post for sure, we have no other post option but him or Jax now.

There has to be more to this trade than we think.

Not too long ago, the hawks were invisible in the rumor mill. I believe Knight has made a lot of calls, and there is a team/or 2 that waited for the Hawks move. I think there's more to this trade. I think Knight is not only wanting to splash for free agency, I think he's targeting a young stud basketball player combined with a pick for Wallace...but which team?

The other alternative is the Hawks play out the season in hopes for free agency.

They're not giving up Marbury. We don't want (or need) van Horn. Houston makes WAY too much money. Seeing as how Sheed makes $17 million, NY would have to combine some pretty awful contracts with any pick they might send in order to be able to make a deal. The ONLY way I see us making a deal with NY for Sheed is if its a 3-way where someone else sends us ending contracts and/or young talent and the 3rd team takes on the likes of Shandon Anderson, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams, Mike Doleac, etc.