• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

EuroHoops: Kevin Pangos looking for 2021-22 NBA gig

sturt

• Premium Member

Would anticipate that he's looking for a 2-3 year deal in the $5m/yr range, but that's just a total guess.

If somehow he ends up a Hawk, I'm anointing him... Vanilla Ice. 😉

2021-07-05_22-19-43.png

• Premium Member

Pangos and Trae, incidentally, both have been compared to Steve Nash at times in their careers, both have spoken quite a bit about considering Nash a childhood idol of sorts, and both have spent some time in their young adult years with him... Trae of course, as a consequence of his former HC's close relationship with him, and Pangos as a consequence of being Canadian.

For all of the reasons some people think McConnell would be an excellent addition, Pangos would be, plus some.

That's because he's a more dynamic scorer than McConnell, and puts up 20 pt games with some regularity. He can do teardrops. He can absorb contact on layups. He is fluid around the basket using either hand to shoot. He is more than solid from the arc, though not with logo-type range. He makes his teammates better, having a similar passing flair to Trae's.

And it's just a guess, but I think the team that gets McConnell is going to be buying that stock at near its all-time high, whereas it should surprise no one if Pangos' stock is bought at a value price.

Of course, it also should surprise no one if Pangos is most heavily courted by and attracted to the team coached by his childhood idol. Fortunately, they will be among the more limited teams in terms of what they can offer, and in terms of salary and maybe minutes as well. I'd like to think he would get just as much of a kick to play on the team that is considered one of the Nets' primary opponents for the 2022 trophy.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Kevin playing on a Hawks summer league squad a few years ago - probably as a college free agent before going to Europe. He looks like an intriguing player and I can definitely see him as a solid backup to Trae. He kinda reminds me of a more polished version of Payton Pritchard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

A condensed game vs. one of the perennially strongest Euroleague squads... might recall that Kukoc cut his teeth with CSKA back-when... and not to be forgotten, our own Alexander Volkov, right? 😉