• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 25 game everyone on both teams is healthy pledge

shakes

• Premium Member

lwCfmed0Hw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Bad premise, if one doesn't mind my imposition.

The core idea is for the rotation players to have had time enough together... on the floor, not merely on paper... to develop chemistry and continuity, and to show what they're capable of.

Health is a major retardant to that happening, sure. But/and so is actual time itself, even if health was 100%. To the point that birthed the seeming point of this parody thread... it was going to be 25 games of playing together even if 100% of the rotation was 100% healthy.

(Didn't just pull that out of the air for this season. Settled on that number probably 7 or 8 years ago.)

It's strictly an internal development thing... nothing to do with other teams' situations.

Maybe once something close to chemistry/maturity of the rotation occurs, it shows up in the win-loss results, maybe not. You sure hope that's the case. But until sufficient internal development has been achieved... and that's a dimmer switch thing (a matter of degrees), not a light switch thing (off to immediately on)... conclusions about the likelihood of success are more bloviation than they are informed.

It's similar to the laws of physics... I don't make the rules. I just know what they are, and don't make a habit of pretending they don't exist. Being agnostic right now continues to be a choice that is rational.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, sturt said:

lwCfmed0Hw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Bad premise, if one doesn't mind my imposition.

The core idea is for the rotation players to have had time enough together... on the floor, not merely on paper... to develop chemistry and continuity, and to show what they're capable of.

Health is a major retardant to that happening, sure. But/and so is actual time itself, even if health was 100%. To the point that birthed the seeming point of this parody thread... it was going to be 25 games of playing together even if 100% of the rotation was 100% healthy.

(Didn't just pull that out of the air for this season. Settled on that number probably 7 or 8 years ago.)

It's strictly an internal development thing... nothing to do with other teams' situations.

Maybe once something close to chemistry/maturity of the rotation occurs, it shows up in the win-loss results, maybe not. You sure hope that's the case. But until sufficient internal development has been achieved... and that's a dimmer switch thing (a matter of degrees), not a light switch thing (off to immediately on)... conclusions about the likelihood of success are more bloviation than they are informed.

It's similar to the laws of physics... I don't make the rules. I just know what they are, and don't make a habit of pretending they don't exist. Being agnostic right now continues to be a choice that is rational.

you say all that, but then..........

Take the 25 game pledge...

I, [insert your name], will resist with all my mental muscle, arriving at any firm conclusions about this roster until this team has completed 25 games of the new season.

And further, I will resist doing that for any individual player until that player has 25 games under his belt.

I look at above and I fail to see any of the qualifiers you now claim are part of your normal way of assessing a team for the past 7-8 years. Nothing about a healthy roster.   

And your refusal to factor in the health of the other team makes the whole thing a laughable and hypocritical exercise.

• Premium Member

I so despise it when people do the TLDR routine, and then come back constantly with the same old rigamarole barking about things that have long since been addressed, except that they couldn't be bothered to engage in a line of reason... after all, who wants to do that... engage in a line of reason that may completely implode one's desired/preferred conclusions?

*sigh*

But I'm such a nice guy... can't help but cut a little slack, and try to help anyway... but after this, it's just on you if you don't get it, my friend... will direct my attention exclusively to those who actually take interest and engage in actual substance, not uninformed, empty attempts at one-ups-man-ship.

Link:

2022-12-29_12-19-52.png

Link:

2022-12-29_12-24-20.png