• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking ahead

codyatl

Lets just say for now that we do get a top 3 pick. If Howard and Okafor are both available who do we take? Or do we go in a different direction all together and take Jameer Nelson? Personally, I would like to have Okafor. Howard maybe the best thing since sliced bread but I feel w/ Okafor we get a guy that is more of a sure thing than Howard. He has steadily improved each yr in school. He also seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Nelson wouldn't be a bad choice either. If we are on a 3 or 4 yr rebuilding plan then it would give him plenty of time to develope. We all know it takes time for pg to be ready to contribute heavily. W/ the season completely over for us I just wanted to get a feel on how everyone thinks we should go in the draft.

Well here's hoping we can trade JT for another top 5 pick. Then we could take a big man and a PG. I'm very curious about Livingston and love his size but I think drafting 2 high schoolers in the lottery would be a mistake (see Bulls). So if we draft Okafur, we take Livingston. If we get Howard, we take Nelson or we could take both Okafur and Nelson and be a better team now. I'm just wary of having too many high schoolers. What excites me is that I'm sure Knight will try to move up to get two top 5 or so picks. Our own plus another one via trade.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking the plan may be to use JT/Milwaukee's 1st to acquire a Second top 5 pick.

If it comes down to us dealing with Chicago or Orlando for their pick, I believe that both would love to have JT. We would probably have to take back some bad contracts, but still....

I've seen where Emeka Okafor has been compared to a young Alonzo Mourning. He's a guy who will step into the NBA and score at least 15 ppg as a rookie while getting 10+ rbp and blocking 3-4 shots a game. If you go by the improvement he has made over his three years at Connecticut, you can see that his ceiling is very high once he gets to and continues to improve in the NBA.

With Dwight Howard, you are looking at upside and local fan interest. You are looking at a guy with Kevin Garnett type athleticism and a Tim Duncan type floor game. He's got a lot of work to do and isn't anywhere near Okafor right now, but 3-4 years down the road is the big question. Who will be the better player then?

• Admin

Right now guys like Howard and Okafor look like the best things out there. But we're nowhere near close enough to draft day to make predictions on who will be the front runner at that time. Players will be made in the NCAA tourny, just as Carmello was made last year. Players will fall due to poor work ethic in the invitationals and such. It's just too early to make predictions.

But why would you want to get hung up on one player being "the one"? I'm excited to see the surprises that pop up. We could see some unknown 7'2" euro KG come across the pond and dominate everyone. Virtually ensuring himself a #1 pick. If that happened, would you not be excited?