• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Total Freaking Sheep

jaywalker72

Hawks.com has a poll concerning "which position the Hawks should address in the draft".

Can anyone guess what people are voting for?

That's right, a Point Guard.

It goes to show the hypnotic power that people who are NOT in the know have by virtue of where they get to place their opinion.

I would urge the dozens of us that come here to go to Hawks.com and vote your concience, although I would hope it's not for the position that Jason Terry occupies.

He plays point guard.

the people are looking at it like if we are only picking 37th and are going to lose JV. In that case I wouldnt mind seeing us try to move up 5-10 spots to try and get Maddux. We desperately need a good young backup PG if we dont keep JV. Of course we could just keep JV (My wish) and then try and move up and get that SF we need or just trade our 36th pick for a future first again, like we did last year.

We do ned more than one point guard. I hope Vaughn stays. I like

him a lot, but if he leaves, we just gotta have a back-up for J.T.

We ain't drafting early in the first round, after all!!

Gray Mule

The thing about our BU PG situation is that we need someone who can step in and play smart, sound basketball. We need someone who is going to distribute the ball, run the offense and not turn the ball over.

That someone is not going to be a rookie. And it certainly is not Tito Maddox.

In a world without salary caps, the obvious move would be to re-sign JV to be JT's BU. But considering the cap (and also that other teams will most likely offer JV a bigger role), re-signing JV is just not going to happen. You can tell in Pete's quotes that the team has pretty much accepted the fact that he's not going to be back.

IMO, E-mail is a serviceable BU PG. He's not spectacular, but we don't need spectacular out of our BU. It would be nice to upgrade there but I just don't see it as our biggest need.

Our biggest need is at SF and BU SG.

Two possibilities I like at #37 are Savovic and Humphrey.

It is looking less and less likely that Jacque will be doing the dishes behind JT next season, and Junkmail going down for 15-20 is just an inevatibility. I'd rather keep Jacque and draft Prince, Humphrey or Yarbrough, but without JV, we should either look at bringing in a rookie via the draft, or preferably from camp (ie, Scoonie Penn).

I don't think so. I don't think the majority of fans know that much about the Hawks to analyze it that deeply. I think that the average fan looks at the Hawks and thinks JT is better at SG, particularly since that is the way it is always portrayed in the national media (ESPN, etc). No way the average fan would suggest that we draft a PG if they thought our 2nd best player was a PG. I think Jaywalker is right on point and the national media (and even the local media at times) is leading the fans around like sheep.