• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mcgrady to the Spurs what do you think?

thescout5

Rumor Mill: Manu for McGrady?

LAST UPDATE: 5/19/2004 3:25:37 AM

Posted By: Kori Ellis

By Kori Ellis

SpursZONE.com

The San Antonio Spurs are only a few days into their offseason and already the trade rumors have begun.

New York Post columnist Peter Vescey appeared on Best Damn Sports Show Period on Fox Sports Tuesday night. According to Vescey, Tracy McGrady does not want to remain in Orlando and could possibly be involved in a sign-and-trade to San Antonio.

Vescey named the Spurs among four teams to which McGrady would like to be traded. Other teams mentioned include the Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets. Though Vescey commented that L.A. would have trouble compensating the Magic.

"He'd love to play with Duncan," explained Vescey. "They'd have a difficult time compensating Orlando also. But if you have Ginobili, he’d have to sign first, but you could do a sign-and-trade with Manu."

No doubt this is just the beginning of the trade rumors that will be flying around the Alamo City this summer. San Antonio will need to decide in upcoming weeks which players they will leave unprotected in the Charlotte Bobcats Expansion Draft.

The Expansion Draft will take place on June 22 (if the NBA Finals go to Game 7, it will be on June 23). The Bobcats may select no more than one player from each team and can only select players that are left unprotected by an NBA team.

Each team may protect a maximum of eight players who are under contract or are restricted free agents at the conclusion of the 2003-04 season. Unrestricted free agents are not eligible to be protected nor can they be selected by the Bobcats.

It is speculated that the Spurs may elect to leave Malik Rose exposed in the draft. Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich gave Rose minimal playing time in the postseason and San Antonio would like to clear more salary cap room by ridding themselves of Rose’s salary. Rose has five years and $32.8 million left on his contract. The Bobcats may not select Rose because Charlotte will have a salary cap in its first season equal to only 66% of the league’s salary cap.

Does anyone want to come to the Hawks? Personally I like the Spurs plus it would give them a tandem that could compete with Kobe and Shaq if both stay.No more keying on Duncan or Mcgrady would shoot lights out! It is so frustrating being a hawks fan but lets face it until we get a core unit that shows signs of a young potential championship team there are very few superstars even considering the Hawks.

Besides Shaq,Kobe,Mcgrady,Duncan,Garnett who else do we consider A1 superstars.Iverson could he lead a team by himself? For that matter could any one player? You have to have at least one superstar and great role players.I used to think you needed 2 superstars but besides Kobe and Shaq and Jordan and Pippen I have been proven wrong.

Mcgrady and Duncan would give the lakers and the other teams fits.I hope LA gets beat !

I'll have to see it to believe it.

What do the Spurs have that they would be willing to part with in a trade to get McGrady? They have no young star talent other than Tony Parker, and they certainly don't have a bunch of potentially high draft picks to deal.

This deal will not happen.

Seems like a likely matchup,small town that loves basketball needing to make an impact there are enough pieces that I could see a trade. As for Vescey I take his rumors with a grain of salt he just throws things out there to see his name in lights.

Quote:

No offence, but I stoped reading after I saw Peter Vescey.

Almost everything Peter Vescey is pulled out of his A-hole, so I wont believe it until it happenes.

The Magic fans I have read about seem to think T-Mac is staying, but they need to get a reality check, because he just may be traded this offseason. There are alot of rumors out there, and the Magic are being offered alot of good talent in the rumors.

I do believe there is a good chance T-Mac will be packing his bags this offseason, but I find it hard to take anything serious Peter Vescey writes.

Parker, Robert Horry's expiring contract and a future unprotected #1 for McGrady. Would that be enough?

Ginoboli

Parker

Horry

Future #1

for McGrady.

If ORL gets the #1 pick and takes Okafor, they could have a pretty nice young nucleus:

Okafor/Hunter

Gooden/Howard

????

Ginoboli/DeShawn Stephenson

Parker/Lue/Gaines

They could trade Juwan Howard for a true SF and have a pretty good lineup for a long time. Ginoboli would be the oldest of that group and I think he's 26. I'd rather have McGrady than Ginoboli/Parker but if McGrady is going to walk as a FA, they could do worse.

Once again Vecsey is pulling S@#$ out of his butt.

Weisbroad (Magic GM) was on the local morning show here in Orlando. He stated talks with McGrady have been positive and that McGrady wants to stay with the Magic. They are looking at giving him an extension on to the contract he already has.

They shot down the idea of going to LA. Tracy likes the atmosphere of a smaller market.

McGrady, if dealt it will be before the draft on June 24th or early free agency. Weisbroad wants to him to make up his mind because he doesn't want to have the circus atmosphere during the year of "Will you opt out or stay with the team". If he isn't dealt before the draft or during the beginning of free agency. Look for McGrady to be apart of the Magic for a long time.

P