• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JOSH SMITH

Lascar78

Am I missing something here? He was a lock as a top 5 lottery pick not to long ago, then started dropping to about #10 on many boards. Now Dolfan has him at #15 or something.

Why has everyone turned on him? I mean I know there's always fluctuation, but his seems so drastic. Am I missing a rumor here or something? It seems to me he's a pure freak of nature who needs to fine-tune his handle and knowledge a little bit. I would most certainly take him at #6 if available. What is everyone suddenly scared of?

The deal is that there are some very talented college and foreign players and while Josh Smith is certainly a VERY talented guy, he wont make an impact this coming season and a team high up in the lottery isnt likely to wait on that. Perhaps Phoenix could do that and get away with it or maybe Utah could, but most of the teams in the lottery desperately need players to contribute. I like Smith a lot but we shouldnt be fooled into thinking that he is anywhere near as ready as Carmelo or Lebron were and realistically isnt even as ready as Dwight Howard is to contribute right away. Josh Smith is 2-3 years from making an impact in this league. Right now he is all talent and not much fundamentally and it will take him a while to learn the pro game and to play as a team.