• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bobcats may foil our plans to land Howard

Blunt91

Here is an article from realgm:

Charlotte Observer: Bernie Bickerstaff said he believes the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Clippers may be interested in trading their picks. The results of last night’s Draft lottery determined that the teams will select numbers 1 and 2, respectively.

The Bobcats will contact the teams to inquire about a swap of the number 4 pick plus additional compensation.

"It makes sense to me that if these teams could get veteran help to improve their position, they'd listen," Bickerstaff said.

Connecticut’s Emeka Okafor and Atlanta high school star Dwight Howard are the consensus top two picks in this draft.

The Magic and/or Clippers may be looking for a veteran player who can step in and contribute immediately.

"I think what you do is call and ask if there's anything we can do to satisfy their needs," Bickerstaff said.

• Moderators

Fortunately, the Bobcats won't have many veteran players on their roster before the draft who can step in and help immediately. Maybe the Clippers will want JT.

keep in mind that the expansion draft is 2 days before the real draft. Therefore they (the 'Cats) could have several players on their rosters, able to fill a variety of needs, guys iwth overpaid but one year left on their contracts...and good players saddled with long contracts (see guys like, well, I'd say Mashburn, or Stack, but that contradicts my statement...they're out there though).

they hold all the cards and will significantly affect the rest of the draft order in ways that cannot be guessed at yet. Perhaps not up until the day of the draft. I think if anything, you'll see teams like Chicago, the 'Cats, the Wiz and further down making draft and trade moves with the teams above them.

If Chicgo gets Deng, they're keeping him. they need a sf anyhow. If the Clipps don't draft Howard....they might take Deng though. or they might trade down to the 8 for extra compensation if a team there is able to draft the guy they want (a pg). ther'es just so many questions.