• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eddie Curry's trade value

Bulldog

I have read in recent days about various trade scenarios that would send the likes of Ray Allen, Pau Gasol and Michael Finley to Chicago for Eddie Curry.

Does anyone else think these trades would be absolute madness. Curry does still have untapped potential, but the guy has now had 3 years experience in the league and is yet to show the competitive fire that would turn him into a true star that the guys rumored to be going to Chicago are.

Anyone agree?

Maybe someone has finally lit that fire because I read about a week ago that he has already begun training and working out with the Bulls coaches. But even then, I agree with you that trading any of those three (Gasol especially) for him would be stupid without him having yet proven anything except for occasional 2 or 3 game spurts.

I think that was Chandler....and the only reason that his value is what is is....well, cause he's a legit 7'0 guy that's a true center with girth, size, and athleticism....

but you're right, he's shown squat despite repeated opportunities. sad.

Jermaine Oneal was the same way - then he exploded: 4 years of nothing, then one year of a little, then huge.

McGrady - 2 years of a little (7.0, 9.3), one year a little more (15.0), then exploded in year 4 in Orlando.

Kobe's first 2 years sucked - then he exploded.

I see exactly what you are saying but those guys had their playing time limited by their coaches - especially O'Neal who rode the bench for moat of his time in Portland. Curry has been given a chance game after game to show what he is worth and has not come up with any consistent reason to suggest he will be all-star calibre. At some stage you have to say that this guy is not going to be the next Shaq and move on - but you could be right - maybe the 4th year is the the year to show everyone - but its a gamble for a team trading for him.

For most of those guys, except possibly Amare (and LeBron), not only did sitting on the bench and playing only practice allow them to become better players, keep their fire/desire to win, but it also protected their bodies...that's the other thing with many of the HS Guys, TMac included: I don't think their bodies are physically mature enough to take the pounding night in and night out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or do a more thorough eval...but seems that they get injuries, esp. back ones, much more frequently and debilating (ly?) ...cause they're not ready in that regard.

I agree - most of them just can't handle it.

They probably get used to being beat up in practice by the veterans.

Then, they go to a new team and have to establish themselves - and walla, their bodies have caught up with their potential and they begin to dominate.

The high school guys are about to bust out - Kwame, Curry, Chandler, and a few others are close.

interesting theories and i have to say they make sense. i think of the guys you mention, Kwame could do with the change of scene the most. I think if he was traded to say Seattle he would not feel the pressure he does in Washington and start to blossom.

I would still take Okafor #1 though in this draft over Howard.

If I were Orlando:

Keep Gooden - he is young and has more potential than trade value.

Trade McGrady - to Chicago for Curry, Chandler and Crawford.

Trade Juwan - for Kwame

Trade #1 - for Al Harrington and Bender

A future #1 for JT - to have a SG

- leaves a team deep at the 3-5 and ok with 2 shot happy guards

or

just

Juwan+#1 for Curry and Crawford/Hinrich

It gets a better PG to go with Tmac and adds hopefully Curry and Gooden could build off of each other.

see, that's where I completely disagree, having had this come up in a convo last night. TMac wants to win now, otherwise he may leave. You keep Gooden, who still has talent and upside...and you're going to have to resign him, try to play him alongside Okafor (if things go to plan), and wait.hope on his development.

Howard...well, you know what you're getting, he's a vet, and a capable one...and will most likely help you in the short term. Added to the fact that he has more size than Gooden (girth) and is pretty much a true four (you can play Ok at the 5)....and that gooden has more trade value, and to me, it's cut and dry. trade gooden. sign okafor. see what happens.

If Tmac is the SG, Howard of the PF anf Okafor plays C, then Orlando needs a SG and PG.

Gaines and Lue are below average at PG and the SFs are terrible.

Gooden is their only trade bait.

What can they get?

Gooden for JT/Jax/Diaw?

Gooden for Jamal Crawford or Chandler?

Gooden for Van Exel?

Gooden for JJax and Nachbar (or Cuttino)?

If they only get a SF, maybe they sign BBarry or another PG?

If they only get a PG for Gooden, then they sign ? at SF?

but it's so much harder to trade Howard. You have to keep that in mind...and the winning now philosophy. They could acquire Barry though FAcy (as you mentioned) and then try and pawn Gooden for a draft pick...or try to get Duhon with the first pick in the second round. Think about that one (and I'm going diesel style on this)....draft Duhon, a pass first, average (NBA) defender (or slightly above) to pair with TMac, Howard, and Okafor. Yes, they would be largely a half court team (except TMac)....but if they find a 2 guard, like Brent Barry....man, that's tough (they dont' have the money for Barry unless he will take the MCE)

Currry's trade value is still very high, and alot of teams would love to take him under their wing. His career can be turned around, and I think he needs to be out of his home state. He has shown he is a very lazy player, but on the other hand he has also shown he is a hard worker. When he is on the court he is lazy. He is now working out this offseason with other Bulls, and hopefully he is able to have a impact year next season.

I like Curry and always have.

The Mavs need a center and would like to dump Finley's salary.

Eddy Curry needs a good HOF'er to work with him, like Patrick Ewing does with Yao Ming.