• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI - new Mozilla

Weez

If anyone's interested, mozilla released the updated version of thier browser recently. This one runs more smoothly, has added pop-up blocking, and still allows for cutting and pasting from such pages as espn (as well as great extensions to help manage exactly how you want it to run). If you ahve an older version, go to the forums for directions on how to save your user profile prior to deleting the previous version/installing v0.9

Yeah the new release is a bit nicer.

If you really want to try a sweet new browser though, check out MyIE2. Go to:

http://myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

I am telling you, this thing is really sweet. The best feature that it has to me is the ability to save flash files from web pages.....I know most of you wont care about that, but its a pretty sweet feature.

yeah, I was (Firefox). much smoother without crashes in comparison to the earlier release.

Question ~ can you still cut and paste from pages like ESPN with ie2? That, the multiple pages within one window, the google bar, and the fantastic spam blocking are the reasons I use Firefox almost exclusively.

Any reviews?

The only thing that holds me back on these browsers, that makes me use IE on occassion, is the desire for ESPN motion/PTI when I want it.

Oh yeah you can do that and a whole lot more. This thing has an ad hunter, pop up blocker, a save anything you want from a website feature, you can turn on/off scripts, java, flash, etc.

In order to be able to copy and paste from ESPN you would just go to options > download control > and then select turn off scripts. Then you can just turn it back on if you wanted to afterwards.

I like firebird, but for me its slower than IE which is why I love myIE2 because its just like IE, except on steroids.

You should give it a try, see if you like it.

dude, thanks for the post. I'm using it now, it's sweet. going to take some getting used to, and if you have any tips/recommendations, I'd certainly appreciate it (rather than having to surg the forums). Is there any way to set it so that ESPN motion doesn't initiate on the opening of the page? Still there, just not on "auto-start"

I am not sure to be honest because I just downloaded it last week. One thing I will suggest is to go to

Options > Browse Mode > and choose standard. That will be more of what you are used to with IE, at least thats my experience so far.

I still use Firefox because I love the developer tool extension kit that you can get for it and I use it to test my sites on for dual browser compatibility, but I am using IE2 as my primary browser now.

As for the settings for the ESPN motion thing, you could always disable flash becuase thats what ESPN motion essentially is.

this browser is by far the best I've seen. The fact that's it's even opening stat tracker within the pane, combined with being able to sort opened tabs into new arrangements...I ahve a feeling, as gay as it sounds, that I'm going to enjoy playing with this browser, see all that it can do...

oh yeah, i spend too much time on the web. or at least checking it for updates.