• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keon Clark is the Answer!

Opportunity rarely knocks louder than this. The Raptors have allowed Keon Clark to become an UFA by recending their offer of $3M right before he was about to accept it. Meaning, the market for FA's is horrible.

Keon wont take a paycut to stay in Toronto and they dont wont to scare teams off of him b/c of their right to match, so they recended the offer, hoping he can get FMV. They know he deserves better but just cant afford it.

Now, the Hawks are over the cap too and fear the luxury tax as well, but they arent as talented as the Raptors who can withstand the exodus of Clark. ATL needs as many quality players as they can get.

Considering the market, the Hawks may be able to get Clark for less than the full $4.5M exception and bring exactly what they need, a shotblocking big man that can score.

Clark would be a serious upgrade to the frontcourt. And would allow some trades to happen to get a serious SF or clear some cap space. SAR could move to SF, thereby eliminating the need for a move other than clearing salary or getting rid of dead weight.

• Admin

Hawks are not going to pay that money because it will put them over the luxary tax threshold. With the exception of IRA, Atlanta will not be signing a FA this off season. The only way they will acquire Clark or someone like will be in a SNT. That way we get him by taking his equilivent salary off our roster so no tax hit.

Africa I hate to disagree with you because I usaully like and agree with your post but Keon Clark is a scrub, in fact I would sooner take Donyell Marshall, who is the epitamy of sissyball, than Clark. Clark is just a Hendu waiting to happen.

Actually we really shoulfd give Hendu some serious PT just to see what he can do. Hell he cost 7,8,9 mill we might as well use him.

• Admin

please man, don't bill freakin Keon Clark as the next coming of Kareem ok. The guy has never done ANYTHING. He played 16 games like he actually could and people are talking about him like he's the tops of the free-agent list. My cats have more desire to play hard than he does and just about as much talent. Anyone who shells out a bunch of money to this guy will be SORELY disappointed.

A big man who can block shots and score??? WTF?? when has Keon CLark SCORED? That's the laugher of the week. He's NOT a scorer, he's a solid rebounder and a DECENT, not good not great, shot blocker. THAT IS IT. Nazr's numbers were neck and neck with Keon Clarks. The only difference is Clarks BPG were .70 higher. WHOoooo yeah he's a steal!

If we could get him for 2mil per season or for that price in a good SNT for some of our more undesirable players I would do it. Otherwise let someone like New York overpay him.

is a scrub??? I call it a phenom. Keon only started getting starters minutes late in the season as the Raptors made their playoff push. He is clearly a double-double when he starts but more importantly capable of making big plays in the 4th qtr.

He is a difference maker that deserves a Hendu like contract, but this CBA deal signed by the Union is screwing him. Comparing him to Nazr is unfair, Nazr started the whole season, Keon matched his stats in half the time.

No, its not guaranteed that he will rise on every occassion. He isnt in love with the game, he prefers golf. He smokes cigarettes, which Lenny probably doesnt care for. And he calls Vince out, so he got sporadic minutes.

But ask anybody in Toronto what hes worth. They have so much respect for his game they wouldnt jerk his chain by low-balling him. They signed some bad contracts in the past now they cant keep a gem. If not for the Joe Smith fiasco, he probably could sign a 1yr until Hakeem retires but the league office has him in their sights.

• Admin

It's called his usual one good game out of 20. Give him a hendu like contract and you'll get another Hendu. You said it all. He has no desire whatsoever. He's not a rookie or even a 3 year player. The guy has been around a few years now. He will have a big game that makes all the critics ponder just how much talent this guy really has and then he'll go back to doing nothing.

It's funny how so many lable Nazr as "not being good enough" but in fewer years Nazr has done just as much as Keon Clark. You compared their stats molehill for tat last year and it's a wash. if you've seen them play I'd take nazr over him any day. because I know Nazr has work ethic and Keon, in five years, hasn't shown that he has the work ethic to rise above mediocrity and overhyped potential. He's not a great defensive player and 1.5 bpg doesn't change that. Racking up a big game once per month means jack, even if it's against us.

You can fall in love with him all you want and get suckered. I've seen the guy play enough that I'm not going to think we need him just because he's 'almost' 7' tall. He needs to go to New york. They are good at paying heartless big men more than they are worth.

Guest Walter

...actually, look to do that trade regardless.

Clark's numbers may not be much better than Nazr's but his upside is and neither are the model of consistency.

W