What about Glover???

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/ha.../0722hawks.html

Just like Last yr, DIon dominated Shaq SL Pickup games...

The question is was Dion being showcased for a trade? I must be honest here. I really like Dion and still think that he has the MOST potential on this team. More than DD, JT, or DJ as far as our young players go. The question is will he get the opportunity to show it or will we trade him away?

Today, in Trade Central, I will showcase some trade possibilities for Dion. Truth be known, I'd rather see him go somewhere else and SHINE than to sit here in Lon's doghouse??

I was hoping that Dion would have a very successful career here in the ATL as he is a home grown product. But, I just don't it happening. He is very injury prone, and takes plays off. After playing very good D in the 2000-01 season, he stopped playing D at all last year. He is a streaky offensive player who should accept his role as an O sparkplug off the pine (e.g. Vinnie Johnson, etc.). I don't think he will ever readily accept a b/u role and would be better off with a change of address. He could be packaged with a salary cap bomb like Hendu to ease our salary cap situation. I wish DG the best but it may be time to move on. I disagree with your most potential idea for Dion as DJ actually fills that position.

Of course you know that I agree with you there. Dion has incredible offensive skills already and we cant seem to figure out how to use him whereas if DJ could just learn to dribble a little with either hand and then find some body control so he could hit a pull up jumper then he has much more potential. I vote that we start Dion and DJ, but pull typically pull Dion for most of the second and fourth quarters. I think we have to figure out how to get DJ and Newble bout 25 mins per game and Dion and Kukoc close to 20 each, assuming no major injuries. If Dion can play better defense then I'd take mins from Ira and Kukoc. I dont wanna trade Dion unless it's for a similar offensive oriented SG and I dont think we could get one with his skills very easily.

• Premium Member

Dion vs. DJ. vs JT vs DD.. Battle of potential.

Offensively.

1. Dion

2. JT

3. DJ

4. DD

I consider Dion potentially better at offense because of his pure strength and ability. In Dion, I see the game that JR Rider had. The ability to be stronger than his opponent (like Jordan was at SG for many yrs). Now that the rules have opened the post, Dion working opposite of SAR could be a huge scorer.

JT is a prolific scorer now. He shoots very well and is clutch.

DJ hasn't found his niche yet. He has shown flashes of being able to do it all... But isn't there yet.

DD - Don't know.

Defensive:

1. DJ

2. Dion

3. JT

4. DD

Just to simplify. There's a huge hypocrisy in our coaching. We have been fed that Dion was placed on the bench because he lacked defensive work ethic. The hypocrisy is that Many times, I've seen JT lose his man and watch his man nail the big Shot. I would even say that Dion is a better defender than JT. Reason being is his strength. We put Dion at somewhat a disadvantage because for most of the season, he played 3 while JT was playing the 2.

Athleticism

1. DG

2. DJ

3. JT

4. DD

Whoose the better athlete? JT is a good one but he's not even full size. DJ has very good size but he's not as strong as he should be. DD? But Dion has the market on size. Right size. Extraordinary strength. Him, Bonzi Wells, and JR Rider could be triplets.

Guest Walter

Sorry, at least JT was busy getting top 5-10 or so in steals when he gambled. DG, wasn't even holding the dice on defense, which cost him his spot at the table. You can't gamble when you don't play.

W