• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We supposedly signed Kenny Anderson!!

Chicken_Hawk

Kenny was on 680 The Fan on Wednesday stating that his agent had talked to Billy Knight, and that he was looking to sign with the Hawks.

If he signs, it's as much for his veteran leadership than anything. He gave a good Indiana team 20.6 minutes per game last season and was actually the guy they would play down the stretch during games because they lack confidence in Jamaal Tinsley's decision making. Kenny would pretty much split time with Royal Ivey at the point, but he would bring a veteran presence to the team and the experience of being on winning teams in the past.

Kenny has excellent chemistry with Antoine. In fact, it was when Kenny was PG for the Celtics in '01-02 that they(Walker/Anderson) got to the Eastern Conference Finals. Not coincidentally, when Kenny "left", the C's never made it back that far...

I think this is a good move on Knight's part. Kenny can mentor Ivey *and* play some minutes himself at the Point.

But someone Joked about getting McCarty here....I say WHY NOT GET HIM HERE?? Just like Knight said, we don't have enough shooters, etc...

this isn't that bad

after all, the Pacers had the best record in the L last year and they went with Kenny for half of the pg minutes...

I'd think now we'd just sign a big and be done with our 12 man roster, so...

Kenny/Delk/Ivey

Chill/Diaw/Donta

Harrington/Smooth/CC

Walker/CC/Smooth?!?

?/Collier

most likely Damp will sign here now as well, with both the walker/harrington deals as well as the Vin Baker thing in NY eating up their MLE

Harrington/Walker/Damp would be one of the best frontcourts in the East if last year wasn't a fluke for Damp, so he should feel good about coming here

our backcourt of kenny/chill may not be too horribly worse than kenny/reggie (since he's older) that the pacers had, so we could be fighting for the playoffs with that team

we'd have great team defense and play smart and have potential in smooth/chill/diaw/donta/ivey plus harrington and walker could step it up

• Admin

I think Diaw will be starting at SG but Chill will get a lot of minutes. Diaw will play a lot of SF as well allowing Harrington to move to PF when Walker comes out.

One interesting thing about our lineup is that we have a lot of players that can play multiple positions. It gives us some versetility. I like that.