• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can somebody tell me what's wrong here...

Wretch

• Premium Member

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/b...ravesnotes.html

I'm probably the only one that finds this a little bit funny... And I already know somebody is gonna jump in with some blah-blah-blah...

Still, c'mon... smirk.gif

So...somebody tell me what's wrong here; or am I the only one who sees this. *lol*

correct me if im wrong. but im guessin its this that bothers u

"Can be awful. That's going to happen when you've got a lot of young guys and a pitching staff that can be inconsistent."

CJones not being all that consistant this year, talkin about how the pitching needs to be consistant.

did i get it rite?

i think pitchers have a good excuse. if i was a starting pitcher, i wouldnt want to play more than 1 game (max) per week. throwing the ball that hard, for 70-100 times can really do some damage on ur arm. it'll take a week to recover (at least).

but for field positions... c'mon. majority of the time, ur just standing there on defense. only when the ball comes near u, u have to run a little to make a play. and after the play, u can REST and catch ur breath.

and on offense, majority of the time ur on the bench watching ur teammates bat. at max, u gotta bat like 5 times a game. and of that 5 times, a normal player gets on base like once or twice. so for once or twice, u gotta contribute offensively in the game. thats why theres lotta old players in the league.

all ima say is that there are lotta successful OLD players in baseball... look at barry bonds, the dude is in his PRIME even at that age! his numbers (as good as they are) could be even better but pitchers walk him over and over again. look at pitchers like Randy Johnson, he is still one of the best!

not to mention, the fat players in MLB. u can make it in MLB even if ur little overweight. in basketball, theres very, very few overweight guys.