• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The amazing Chris Reitsma (Ortiz out)

CBAreject

Boy, I haven't heard any defense from KB on Chris Reitsma in some time.

Why? Well, even KB knows that Chris Reitsma is the single worst pitcher on our team. Despite the fact that KB outright dismissed my concerns about Reitsma's propensity to blow BIG GAME after BIG GAME earlier in the year.

KB called Reitsma one of the best setup men in the league and a lights out pitcher.

Frankly, I would be surprised if we see Reitsma in the playoffs as a setup man. The job now belongs to Alfonseca. Bobby Cox is not stupid. He will not stake a year's success on a pitcher who has blown crucial games all year and hasn't been able to find the strike zone in the last 2 months.

Today's audition was a last chance for Reitsma to keep his job. Well folks, HE FAILED. Reitsma almost blew a 4 run lead against a down-trodden Cubs team in the 9th inning today.

Reitsma should not pitch in any big situations in the playoffs. It looks like Cox listened to me on Ortiz (he'll be our 4th starter if he starts AT ALL), so I hope he does the same on Reitsma.

4.07 > 4, right? Last I checked, that wasn't the ERA of a 'dominant setup man'. My argument is not that Reitsma doesn't deserve a spot on the team. My argument is that Reitsma should not be one of our two most important relievers.

I agree Reitsma can be good, but the truth is he has been very bad a high percentage of the time. I don't want to *hope* that Dr. Jekyll shows up during the playoffs.

The most troubling thing to me is that Reitsma has been at his worst when it mattered the most. When we were neck and neck with the Phillies, he blew AT LEAST three games to that team ALONE. Geez!

If Chris were all we had, I'd be singing a different tune. We also wouldn't be going to the playoffs, but just for the sake of arguments....I couldn't complain that he pitches in the 8th. The fact is, we have 3 pitchers who have done a better job holding leads than Reitsma (Cruz, Alfonseca, Gryboski). Use those guys instead. All I'm saying.

Now, I'm not the biggest Gryboski fan, either, but I trust Alfonseca MUCH MORE than Reitsma, and I really think Cruz is much more solid at this point.

Reitsma hasn't been able to find the strike zone lately unless he fires it right down the pipe. Get him outta there.