• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do yall think about the spat between NFL and

ATLien_

What do you all think about the NFL trying to fine Jake Plummer for wearing the sticker of Pat Tillmans number on his helmet? Personally I think its a classless act by the NFL and the commisioner. Pat Tillman was a college and NFL friend of Plummer's so why can't he wear the sticker? The NFL is only letting the Cardinals wear the sticker for the whole year.

The NFL's argument is that they have to enforce rules about displaying personal messages on players uniforms. Rules are all fine and good, but it's not like he has a Vote Bush or Kerry sticker on his helmet. He is trying to show respect and honor for his friend.

I just don't understand why the league is being so touchy about the situation.

because it's about principal. about precedence. I applaud plummer for wanting to wear the sticker...and applaud the NFL for the manner in which they've handled it (e.g. not fining plummer for past weeks' discretions).

think about this. The NFL has set up a league wide honoring of Tillman and others the day after Veteran's Day? this year, due largely to Plummer's actions. But what they are doing is standing firm by league policies concerning attire. Sure, one could say that they should make an exception for Plummer...but that would be doing that, making an exception, a precedence that they don't want to set. And I can't blame them for that. The honorary moments are a nice 'settlement'.

I can understand them wanting to up hold the rules, but this is a very rare set of circumstances. How many times is this situation going to occur.However, if the NFL wants to allow the Cardinals to wear the sticker, then they should allow his best friend to do the same. Many of those players on the Cardinals may not have been near as close to tillman as Plummer.

The NFL sure isn't affording Plummer the same rights that they are giving to the cardinals organization. If they weren't a private organization they may have issues with equal protection laws, but that is well out of the scope of the issue here.