• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade for Curry?

Nicholasp27

Interestingly enough Curry suffered a knee injury of some sort in practice today and is being evaluated. If Chicago does not want to trade Curry then why are they putting out so much smoke? On the Realgm site I saw a proposed trade of Curry and A. Daniels for AW and Drobs. I have mixed feelings about this proposed deal. On one hand I like the deal b/c we get Curry for only half a season to try out before his contract expires. The deal would improve our interior D significantly. I don't like the potential deal because our O will be even worse and I think Davis has 2 or 3 years left on his contract. I am somewhat on the fence over this proposed trade but I suspect that BK may not like this deal because of Curry's rep of being somewhat lazy.

I hate it when players complain about wanting to be traded because their team is not a winner. Usually the team is not a winner because that very player is not as good as the contract he has or wants. Baron Davis complains that he wants to be traded to a contender - but Baron, you are a max player so you should be able to make your team a contender. Curry is tired of losing but Chicago loses because he has not developed and is too lazy to rebound and play defense.

included in the deal. Antonio is 36 and he still has this season and next on his deal. He's set to make almost $14M next year. No way in hell would I let him tie up that much of our cap, particularly when if Curry is any good, we'll have to pay him big too. I think we'd be better off just trying to bid on Curry next year when he's a restricted FA. Now if they want to send us Pippen's expiring deal, Curry and filler for AW, I'd listen.

I would trade AW for Curry but don't want Davis' contract brought along with that. I know we're a losing team but Curry wouldn't have to worry about bearing the brunt of that as he has i Chicago. He actually isn't the one coming out in the press and saying he wants to be traded, it's his agent.

I would give him a chance. The story is linked below.

Curry link