• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Say what you will about Walker.......

Employee8

I mean he may be accused(unjustly, IMO) of being a "BALLHOG" and shooting "AIRBALLS"(justly....lol) but at least we know that as far as CHARACTER goes, he is a freakin' SAINT when compared to other NBA Players(some who shall remain nameless at this time).

Everyone questioned the wisdom of BK going for "CHARACTER GUYS"....Well last night you saw the reason why we should all feel grateful that he did. First off, Walker would NOT have fouled Big Ben in the closing seconds of an all-but-wrapped-up victory for his team unless he wanted a Deathwish(Big Ben is a walking BrickHouse). Second, Walker has an EGO the size of Atlanta *BUT* has TOTAL CLASS in *NOT* using the Scorers Table as a makeshift-Couch thus irritating both the opposing team and the fans.

And Third, Antoine has REFEREE-Management Issues(where he doesn't get the call)....Not ANGER-Management(like Artest). grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

mmmmmm....I have seen Antoine do some pretty nasty things in Boston.

I think he is a great role model off the court, everything I have ever read about him has been great but on the court.......

He lacks focus....5 pt swing in the Indiana game because he missed a wide open layup and then didn't g et back to cover Croshere for a 3.....turned the game around for the Pacers. He can't make FT's and that is what cost us tonights game....4-9 this game was within reach if he makes his FT(and not just this game).

Antoine uses that swipe of head block that has knocked out a few people in his career. In an Indiana playoff game Jermaine O'Neal took him out of his game by trash talking and getting physical with him....same thing happened with Kenny Thomas....

I like Antoine I really do but I have seen him cheap shot, talk trash, argue with refs and have running dialouge with fans.....not exactly class act on the court. He is no Rodman or Ron Artest but he isn't a Saint

BTW Antoine Walker used to always sit on the scorers table

Walker's trash talking hasn't been done in 2 years and the dialgoe with the fans was always done in fun and it just so happens a lot of it was with the Detroit fans.

Walker never did anything nasty in Boston and he doesn't play there anymore so why do Celtics fans insist on following him to every team he goes too just so they can rag on him?

I guess the Celtics 3 and 4 record with their soft schedule isn't enough to talk about.

Walker out played Jermaine O'Neil in the playoffs the only time they faced each other. He guarded Jermaine during the 4th quarter and actually kept him to 4 points in several games.

Quote:

mmmmmm....I have seen Antoine do some pretty nasty things in Boston.

I think he is a great role model off the court, everything I have ever read about him has been great but on the court.......

He lacks focus....5 pt swing in the Indiana game because he missed a wide open layup and then didn't g et back to cover Croshere for a 3.....turned the game around for the Pacers. He can't make FT's and that is what cost us tonights game....4-9 this game was within reach if he makes his FT(and not just this game).

Antoine uses that swipe of head block that has knocked out a few people in his career. In an Indiana playoff game Jermaine O'Neal took him out of his game by trash talking and getting physical with him....same thing happened with Kenny Thomas....

I like Antoine I really do but I have seen him cheap shot, talk trash, argue with refs and have running dialouge with fans.....not exactly class act on the court. He is no Rodman or Ron Artest but he isn't a Saint

BTW Antoine Walker used to always sit on the scorers table

I don't really want to get into this but Antoine has had nasty streaks before....talking with fans wasn't always just in fun....but sometimes it was, I was watching Boston at Cleveland and there was a guy screaming ANTOINE...ANTOINE...ANTOINE and then he started yelling at Pierce and Kenny.....after about 15 minutes straight(this was a blowout in the middle of the 3rd) Antoine talks to a Cav employee and tells him to buy him a beer and some food....it shut him up! At the end of the game Antoine shook hands with the guy and chatted for a bit. There were about 200 people in Gund arena(pre King James days) and it was pretty funny./...anyways Antoine has had drinks dumped on him he has cussed out people in Philly, Detroit, Indiana....all I am saying isn't always a saint

jr

No one ever called him a saint but you are bringing up things that happened two years ago so you can knock him down. I have seen a lot of Celtics fans fed up with their teams play come around other boards and try and start %%%% and I am not going to let that happen to my team.

Antoine has done nothing but be a team player and try and help his younger teammates while he has been here in Atlanta and what he did 2 years ago doesn't matter to me. The fact remains that over his 7 year career he has matured a lot during each year and Celtics fans need to start picking on their own players.

I've followed his whole career because I went to Kentucky

and your comments are said solely to try and make Atlanta fans hate him. Take your biterness to another board.

As for talking back to the refs if your can't acknowledge how much he has grown with that then you just prove my point about you being a bitter Celtics fan even more.

Quote:

I don't really want to get into this but Antoine has had nasty streaks before....talking with fans wasn't always just in fun....but sometimes it was, I was watching Boston at Cleveland and there was a guy screaming ANTOINE...ANTOINE...ANTOINE and then he started yelling at Pierce and Kenny.....after about 15 minutes straight(this was a blowout in the middle of the 3rd) Antoine talks to a Cav employee and tells him to buy him a beer and some food....it shut him up! At the end of the game Antoine shook hands with the guy and chatted for a bit. There were about 200 people in Gund arena(pre King James days) and it was pretty funny./...anyways Antoine has had drinks dumped on him he has cussed out people in Philly, Detroit, Indiana....all I am saying isn't always a saint

jr

Dude WTF are you talking about....I am not a Celtics fan on revenge streak....I have supported ANtoine most the last 5 years....what can I say I like him but I am not going to say he does everything right....the same things that he did in Boston he is doing in Atlanta....ill-advised shots, missed FT, not getting back on D, arguing with refs....thats just the facts my friend. I have no ill-will towards Antoine and I think he has found a nice fit in Atlanta....I personally would like to see him got toe Chicago after the year and help turn his hometown franchise around but I am not trying to make Hawk fans dislike him.

If you are ever bored and want to know about my thoughts on ANtoine ask some of the boys on ESPN Celtic message board....I stuck up for him many many many a time!

jrlocke

Oh BTW on the ref thing....he has repeatidly been talking to refs on the first FT by an opponent and not lining up on the FT line where a PF usually does....It was annoying to watch because it slowed down the game....and sorry I may be old school but just shut up and play Antoine!

It is not a good example for the youngins either....Al has started to yap with the refs and glare over....a pet peeve of mine

Listen I am sick of people like you and I don't care how much you lie about it.

No one ever called Antoine a saint but you are bringing things up that happened years ago and have no relevance to what has gone on here this season.

I will now treat you like the troll you are.

Quote:

Oh BTW on the ref thing....he has repeatidly been talking to refs on the first FT by an opponent and not lining up on the FT line where a PF usually does....It was annoying to watch because it slowed down the game....and sorry I may be old school but just shut up and play Antoine!

It is not a good example for the youngins either....Al has started to yap with the refs and glare over....a pet peeve of mine

Fair enough dude....to keep this board civil...I won't respond to you and you don't respond to me...I like this board and am interested in this Hawks team....sorry about this little misunderstanding but I don't feel I have said anything that wasn't true in the past and unfortunatly stuff I have seen in the recent weeks.