• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we really considering Trading JT?

NUMEROUS occasions. It doesn't matter to him where he lines up, he's still going to get around 20 ppg and 6 apg. If he starts a PG he may score a LITTLE less and get a few more assists and if he plays SG it may be vice versa but the final numbers are going to be somewhere around 20 ppg and 6 apg.

DD is not ready to start at PG on a playoff team, JT is. There is no reason for us to trade JT unless we get a YOUNG superstar (or superstar to be) in return because that is EXACTLY what he is. No way in hell would I trade JT for Wally Sczerbiak. JT is going to be the better player and his attitude is much better. Eddie Jones MIGHT be a little better now (he's definitely a better all around player) but he's not nearly as clutch as JT andd he's nowhere near the leader JT is. When has Eddie Jones been a significant cog in a team that has done anything? Every team that has traded him was MUCH better after he left than they were before he got there. Think about it! LA won 3 titles back to back and CHA has been a tough out in the playoffs every year since he left. Meranwhile, Miami hasn't done JACK since he got there on what was supposed to a Finals caliber team.

I don't know why everyone wants to trade JT so bad. It's just plain RIDICULOUS to me. He is the leader of this team and he wants to be here long term. He is a GREAT guy. He's a role model. I wonder if HOU fans sit around and try to trade Francis all day rather than appreciating all the great things he brings to the franchise? I wonder if Phoenix fans sit around and try to trade Marion all day? I wonder if CLE fans sat around trying to trade Miller all day? I wonder if SEA fans sit around and try to trade Lewis all day? JT and Reef should only be mentioned in trade if we are getting a GREAT player in return. I don't give a damn if we play JT at CENTER, he needs to be on the floor in a Hawks uniform!

Without JT, we have no proven PG. DD is FAR from a sure thing. There is a reason nobody picked him ahead of us, he has a LOT of question marks - a lot more than JT does. A lot of teams passed on him who desperately needed a PG. Several scouts who saw him in Boston STILL think he's not going to make it in this league. I disagree with that but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm right either.

We have a hell of a lot fewer question marks at SG and SF than we would at PG if we traded JT and counted on DD and E-Mail to run the show. DJ and DG have a MUCH better chance of having a significant impact on the success of this team than DD does and Kukoc, Ira (assuming we resign him) and CC will be fine at SF.

Sorry about this long rant but I'm sick of these JT trade proposals. Let the guy do what he does and we will all be happy he stayed around.

I didn't say I wanted to trade JT..It just seems like it is possible

and I want to prepare myself for if it does happen.Dickau is not

better right now.Right now he is a potential good NBA PG,but

right now I'd consider him a college overachiever.Anybody with

true PG skills can make a few of those passes Dickau made

AGAINEST CHUMPS.Vaughn can make those same passes and

he is a backup.

Like I said,IF we are sucessful with JT at PG I'm going to go

around and rip everyone that said JT can't play the position.

I think everyone on this board, including myself, takes for granted the fact that JT is entering only his fourth year. He's the same year as Glover, only a year ahead of DerMarr, and the same year as Elton Brand, Steve Francis, and Baron Davis Larar Odom, Jonathan Bender, Szerbiak, R. Hamilton, Andre Miller, and Shawn Marion. Only the first three have assumed anywhere near the clutch play and leadership abilities of JT. Only Miller and to a lesser extent, Szerbiak, have come near him. Think of the company he's keeping and the press those other players receive. Atlanta sports media strikes again.

It's his fourth year!

Like I said Ray Allen is the only player mentioned I would have traded JT for. However, even if we did that trade I think we would regret it down the road.

You make a strong point about the salary situation though. But honestly I don't see DJ getting a 7 mil a year unless he has a really good year. I'm not even sure there is a new guy to get anymore. I can see us playing with JT-8 mil/Dion-5 mil/DJ-5mil/SAR-14 mil/Theo-11mil Thats 42 million in starters not bad. We may as well throw Demarr or DJ one more mil a year(whichever is better) that puts us at 43 mil.

The problem doesn't lie in the startes salaries its the bench. We need to get rid bad contracts like Hendu and CC's.

Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Obviously not, he hasn't said he wants to play the 2, as a matter of fact he has said the whole time he wants to play the one. Dickau midrange game? where did you get that from? I saw that game and he didnt show 1% of mid range game. Maybe you are confused with JT's mid range game. Trade JT? some of you are really going nuts about this Dickau guy, you guys will really eat your words when Dickau shows nothing more than being a decent pg at best. 1 more thing, Dickau eating up those guys in the summer league? Oh yea those are some great players, they were all career CBAers, overseas and NBDL.

What am I talking about? What the hell are you talking about? Jason Terry is not a TRUE point guard, period! Truthfully, I don't even know why y'all are even thinkin about the Hawks in the playoffs next year. First of all, Ratliff's injury-prone a** won't help that uch since him and Nazr are the exact same players. DJ sucks! He is an absolute waste of athleticism and height. And another thing if you put JT on any type of contending team he won't average no damn 20 points I'll guarantee that [censored]. He is like Nick Van Exel.....extremely inconsistant. Let me make my final point. Now I know all you Hawks fans are excited about this season, but if it is true that the Knicks are pursuing Van Exel for Kurt Thomas and another scrub going to the Mavs, then it will be difficult. Let's just look at the teams that will make the playoffs next year in the east. The Nets, Celtics, Pistons and Hornets are in for sure. Than you have the Magic, Sixers, Bucks, Raptors, Hawks, Knicks and possiblly the Heat and Wizards making runs. And with all those teams only 4 more can make it. The east wil be better next year, you have to consider that. Finally, did I say that DD will be better than JT.....NO! Did I say that DD should start....NO! But I did say that DD is a truer pg than JT. I know this. I try to watch as many Hawks games as I can especially when they play the Kings and when I saw JT I thought he was a tweener at his position. Now I know you guys watch Hawks games locally, but I will give you the information for the last time on Dan Dickau:

positives: solid passer, penetrator and shooter. Has good leadership abilities. Has an awesome work ethic.

negatives:on ball defense, size(6'0) and strength,(185 lbs., but has gotten bigger since the last time I saw him) and defensive quickness. That's all folks, I have to go play some ball now. catch y'all later. This is a cool web-page. Much love for the Hawks, but y'all have got to realize that the top 5 teams in the West would beat any team in the East!

truthfully, I don't even know why y'all are even thinkin about

the Hawks in the playoffs next year"

Thanks for telling me something I already new.Very helpful.

He is like Nick Van Exel.....extremely inconsistant. Let me make

my final point. Now I know all you Hawks fans are excited about

this season, but if it is true that the Knicks are pursuing Van Exel

for Kurt Thomas and another scrub going to the Mavs,"

When has Van Exel made a team win?Lakers underachieved while he

was there, and we all saw what happened in Denver.Nobody likes

the guy.When Denver fans hate their leading scorer there is a problem.

Plus who is gunna start a center?Michael Doleac.IF they trade Kurt

Thomas they are even worse...Van Exel/Houston/Spree on the same

team?Sounds like too many ball hogs and low percentage shooters

to me.

" but y'all have got to realize that the top 5 teams in the West would

beat any team in the East!"

Were does this fit enough the arguement?You seem to be saying alot of

things people already know.Thanks for the help,now take your a** on

back to your own board.Oh and take Dan Dickau back with you

for all I care..He will accompish as much in the NBA as Jacque Vaughn

has accomplished...a good backup Poing Guard and people will call the

college overachiever a bust(kinda hard to do at the 29th pick though)

For every Stockton there is Bobby Hurley/Jacque Vaughn/Brevin Knight/

Matt Maloney/John Crotty/Muggsy Bogues.the numbers aren't in Dans

favor.

Bottomline you are saying that DD is better than JT, right? No comments hahahahahahahahaha. Go back to your Kings messageboard, that is if they have one. One more thing, I'll keep this a secret though ok but I tell someone else that JT is better than, that is your very own PG Bibby. see ya young fella.

Y'all need to stop your bitching. Why do you guys constantly talk about JT. Please, please, please get off of his nuts. Damn. Is this all you guys talk about. Let's talk about the NBA in general. Rumor does have it that Van Exel could be shipped out of Dallas to N.Y. Another rumor has it that K.G. could be shipped to N.J. for Kittles, Horny and K-Mart. Rashard Lewis is also involved in trade rumors involving Seattle and Dallas. I do not know the players involved. I have also heard that Keon Clark could be heading to Sacramento. That would really put us over the top. He is athletic, a solid rebounder and is among the top in blocks. He can also finish with authority. Since this is a Hawks page, i will bring up some crucial points on how the hawks can become a playoff team. 1) shooting, shooting, shooting and more shooting. The Hawks offense was horrible last year, averaging a miserable 94 points.Ouch. 2)Rebounding- The hawks did not have one person who averaged 10 boards(Reef, 9.1) This has to change and will with the addition of Ratliff. 3)Turnovers- You can not turn the ball over 15-16 times a game. The Hawks also ranked 26th in the league in dimes per game. Ouch.

In conclusion, this is why, again, that Dan Dickau will be the Hawks savior, maybe not this year, but soon. Don't worry though JT's contract ends after this year, so you will be seeing differences in the point guard play soon. Hopefully. C U later, time to go down to So. Cal. and chill at the beaches.

Yeah there there is a rumor that Tyra Banks is available...Maybe

I can go down there and hit that?=)

Why do you guys constantly talk about JT. Please, please, please

get off of his nuts. Damn."

Maybe you should look at Kermit the frog having a fluke playoffs

and all of a sudden he is a top 3 PG...WHATEVER.....

I have also heard that Keon Clark could be heading to Sacramento.

That would really put us over the top"

he would be a good addition...but you ain't beating the Lakers son.

Get over it...You have the deeper team,but the better players win

and Kobe/Shaq are miles ahead of Bibby/Webber so forgetaboutit.

"he Hawks offense was horrible last year, averaging a miserable 94

points.Ouch."

Yeah when you have to count on Hanno Mottola/Mark Strickland

those things happen.

"2)Rebounding- The hawks did not have one person who averaged

10 boards(Reef, 9.1)"

Neither did Orlando/Boston/Portland/NJ/Dallas/Utah so.....

"In conclusion, this is why, again, that Dan Dickau will be the Hawks

savior, maybe not this year, but soon."

Just like Bobby Hurley was the Kings savior?It's all hope.OMG!he

overachieved in college so he got to be the next Mark Price.I

wonder how many people are over at the Warriors board is

saying Mike Jr is their savior?

Besides I wouldn't support some little wiesel like Dan Dickau anyway.Don't

we already have enough unatheletic players in the starting lineup?

"Hopefully. C U later, time to go down to So. Cal. and chill at the

beaches."

Yeah looks like the Sun is getting to you enough.

Sup man, I love that name you gave Bibby, and I was just laughing my a** off when you said

"Maybe you should look at Kermit the frog having a fluke playoffs

and all of a sudden he is a top 3 PG...WHATEVER..... "

This is for gokings, we talk about the Hawks because this is the Hawks messageboard and homecourt is "hawks everyday and all day talk" if you want to talk about rumors then go to the trade talk forum ok kid, is sad that this kid cant even go to a kings message board. Do the kings have a message board?

It's just how he talks.Bibby is a great player and I'd love

to have him.I was only talking about his voice he sounds

like Kermit.

I dunno what Gokings expects.This is a Hawk message

board.What does he expect us to talk about?A PG that

hasn't even scored a point and want to start calling him

the next Stockton or something.....NOPE.