• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm back!

Jester

Welcome back - What took you so long?

Diesel shares his wisdom with us here on Hawksquawk.

Walter hands out over on RealGM discussion boards.

No more Diesel / Walter discussions. I miss those.

Things are quieter since the split. In three or four

years of following these two, who posted a lot, they

agreed three or four times. Usually, there was a very

lively discussion going on all the time.

When the rare occasion happened when they agreed 100 %

on a subject there would be a great discussion about

who'se idea it was that they were in agreement on.

Again, welcome back.

laugh.gif

I've been through some changes (I was not in prison or anything like that). I saw Walter posts on RealGM. One thing I've noticed is that Hawks Mgt. has taken up on a lot of Diesel's recommendations and have gotten us some player he has suggested we should have and could get. On the other hand, what is wrong? Is it the coaching? Why can't any of our teams jell and win games on a consistent basis? We have players on our team that on paper should be winning a lot of games, yet, we continue to win 2 darn quarters and lose the rest of the game a lot, still.

• Premium Member

The thing that Hawks management did right was finally get rid of JT.

If you think about it...

Right now, we could have:

Jamal Tinsley or Tony Parker at PG... Actually, I liked Tinsley more.

I think our team suffers now because of Youth, Defense, and coaching.

Not that I blame the coach. I kinda blame the archeitect but I realize this team is not the final team. This is a temp team.

We bring in a defensive guru... Then we give him: Walker/Harrington.

I won't say much bad about Walker because he's been trying. I like J-Smooth's effort on Defense more than Harrington's. For that reason, I think that we are going shopping with Diaw/Harrington soon.

Maybe we will get K Brown... I mean with Jamison, Heywood, Jeffries, Thomas, Ruffin... Who needs Brown?

But I think for Sure we will get Swift.

The question then becomes, what about Toine? Does he move to the three? What about the 5?

All I can say is that at the end of this off season, we will have Swift. I don't know if we will trade for other players. I don't know if we will draft a C. I do know that the players going to market that catches everybody's eye are:

Redd/Allen.

I think Chillz can keep his job though.

At least Jet had the spirit, the heart, and drive. The closest thing to a leader this team, from these past few seasons, ever knew: because Hendu was not and neither was SAR. Man, if only he was a few inches taller, bigger-bodied. He would be, in my book, perfect for our team at the 2 because we all know that this is what he was in a PG body. Still, We have players who can rise above the mediacre and we need them to walk the talk. I've seen them on Tv talking about this and that and then play 2 solid quarters and lose a darn game. I say, if the coach(es) cannot put a fire in the old player's arses and get the new kids going, then, yet, another coach(es) change is needed. What is there to defend about this coach if he's just another Lenny a few years later? I like the roster and the upcoming players, but how much longer do we have to wait? 10-4.

• Moderators

You have to wait another year. This is an expanision team that didn't get an expansion draft or a top three pick.

But at the same time if you watch these games even though we are getting beat by a lot you can tell that this will be a better team by the end of the year than in years past. There is better young talent and more depth.

We have to at least give these guys 20 games. I'll be surprised if they don't start playing .500 ball after 20 games together.