• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you make this trade?

• Admin

What other news from the front office?

Are we still looking to move JT or are all of those rumours false and the belief there is like the one everyone on this board is that JT is a scoring pg not a sg?

Oh yah by the way I would definetely make that trade.

Hello Cap.

I've been lurking. I read occasionally. Thought I'd stop by and break the news of the big deal. I heard about it around 4:00 and as soon as I got online I thought I'd pass it along.

The JT trade rumors are bunk. We are set. Leon was toast anyway. When Mahorn left, it virtually sealed the deal with Leon. If Ira doesn't come off his outrageous demands, he'll be history as well. We'll just go with Haslem - whom Lon loves!

Unfortunately, I don't like the direction this board has taken. Original Squawkers like yourself, Traceman, Jaywalker, and even the constant barking back and forth between Diesel and Walter use to be informative and fun to discuss real Hawks matters. But it has been overtaken by a 12 year old kid who constantly posts just to see his name listed and a bunch of bickering by newcomers who are not as tuned in to the team (in my opinion). It's not as fun as it use to be.

But I had to come out of my shell for this event. It's a steal of a trade!

How could we do this deal and not have to throw in Dion? Why would the Bucks not want Dion? I know they don't necessarily need a shooting guard. But you'd think they'd want talent instead of just filler.

Whatever.

We're better off for it! We won 33 games last season and just added Glenn Robinson and will add Theo Ratliff.

I think we are going to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care cap!

• Admin

Thanks for the info and that is interesting about Haslem.

I am actually shocked about them not wanting Dion either. If they had acquired him then they could have used Redd as trade bait to fill other needs. It makes our deal all the more sweeter.

Don't be a stranger here, I always enjoy reading your informative posts

I think he was confused......I think he thought the trade was something we would do now, although its not possible lol.

Archie its great to see you back around again.....I was surprised to not see you around draft time. Whats your opinion on the Dickau pick? I love the pick personally and it gives us a solid option off the bench who can replace JT without missing too many beats. We need all the rest our new big 3 can get in order to get deep into the playoffs.

I know some of these ignorant posts are annoying, but the last thing the Hawks need to do is "run off" their fans...give 'em a chance and maybe they'll be as wise as you one day.

I should have included you in that list of original Squawkers that made this site what it is and I know I'm missing a few more.

Dickau was a tremendous pick. Do you realize that the trade actually turns out to be Terrance Morris (who would have never played here) for Dan Dickau? That's a pretty good deal.

Look at our bench now with this trade today:

Dan Dickau

Dion Glover

Chris Crawford

Alan Henderson

Nazr Mohammed

Emanual Davis

That beats the hell out of the Nets bench from this past season and our starting five (on paper and if healthy) sure is better than the Nets (IMHO).

Our bench is made up of six players (add Ira or Kevin Willis to this list and they're included in my point) who will NOT hurt you if they have to start a game or see significant playing time and even players who could start on a number of other teams.

There are worst centers out there than Nazzie.

There are worst forwards out there than Hendu and CC.

There are worst guards out there than Dion, Dan, and E-mail.

So I'm just happy as a horse to have Glenn Robinson fill our latest need.

Can't wait til training camp!

Hey no prob......I only go back 2 years, so not quite as far as some of the others you mentioned.....and yeah there are probably a few ommissions but man its great to see you here again.

You broke the SAR trade to us first, which was great and now this trade. Why not stay around more and get us Shaq too lol.

I love our bench and I love the trade to get Dickau. Also, even though he doesnt seem like much now, everyone in the know seems to be all over David Anderson and thinks in a few years he will be a great pro, I sure hope so. Seemed like a horrible pick at the time but the first thing that came into my mind was we must have made a deal for Dickau or Maddux. Much happier its Dickau and we got a steal. The Dikembe deal has finally paid itself off in a big way.

I gotta think that Dion is on his way out now though. We just have too much depth at SG now I think if we keep him and bring Ira back, which is what I think we will do once he lowers his demands. We will have a great squad and I am stoked about it. What a great day to be a Hawks fan. Thanks Pete.

You know, I should not even respond to this. I don't expect posters on this board to be Dave Kindred's or anything, but particularly if you want to be a writer, you need to be a little bit better on your punctuation and standard English.

I was trying to point out in my original post that the deal today pretty much means we traded Dikembe Mutombo, Leon Smith, and Jamaal Tinsley for Theo Ratliff, Glenn Robinson, and Nazr Mohammed. I didn't think it would cause this much confusion.

Dolfan, can we have two separate forums? I think you know what I mean!