• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Robinson Arrival Good News for Slim

jaywalker72

IMO, this seals the deal for DerMarr.

Kruger can try and motivate Slim by saying things like "the job is up in the air", but the fact is with Robinson on board and in the starting lineup, there is less need for another scorer in the starting lineup like Glover.

Instead, there will be even a higher premium on defense, which Johnson beats Glover by a long shot.

It's a nice balance on paper....JT, Reef, and Dog and then Theo and Slim to boost the D....Not too shabby...

Lon wants DerMarr to keep pushing himself, but the arrival of Big Dog may have sealed the deal for Slim.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Hawks mesh together this year.

I can see JT taking less shots this year but still becoming the man in the 4th quarter. His scoring may go down, but his assist production should go way up this year.

It will be interesting to see what DerMarr Johnson brings offensively. He will definitely be the defensive stopper on the perimeter for the Hawks this season, but will he be able to expand his game offensively with Big Dog, Shareef, and Terry around?

He is still the kick out guy, as there is less need to break someone down off the dribble....

I think he will have carte blanche to attack the boards, run the baseline (like Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby), and keep possesions alive and/or flush the putbacks.

I still remember two seasons ago, DerMarr flying through the lane and absolutely hammering a rebound back through the net, taking the collective breath of the arena with it.

I think this suits what the Hawks need right now, and hey, if he can provide more, that's the cherry on the sundae now...

We have watched as DerMarr has gone from a completely

raw rookie who could collect fouls quicker than points,

looking like a lost puppy on the floor to the point where

he is now considered one of the best defensive players

the Hawks have on the roster, who can knock down the

three from outside and still make the monster jam and he

is still younger than our current rookie point guard that

everyone is so enthusiastic about.

And, on top of all of this, he is just now beginning to

grow into an N.B.A. player. Watch out for "Slim" this

coming season -- it can be great!!

Gray Mule