• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its time to give Babs some credit

andycard69

3 or so years ago when Stan turned Babs loose (finally) we all thought Babs was an stupid and crazy GM for blowing apart the team the way he did. Since then lets look at his moves.

Mookie to GS for JT (#10 pick for a worn out PG)

Smith to POR for JJ and JR (In the end good deal b/c it rid us of Smiths contract and allowed lots of stuff to happen)

JJ to CLE for Knight (Salary for SAR trade)

Deke to PHI for Theo, Nazr, Toni (We ggot two Cs and good trade bait)

Lo, Knight, Gastol for SAR and pick (Gave us a proven young All-Star for a undersized PG and 2 project players)

Pick (Tinsley) for future pick (Gave us the ammo to pull off the Rob trade)

Pick (Morris) for future pick (Turned into DD)

Future pick for DD (gives us a quality BU PG)

Toni, Smith, future pick for Big Dog (Finally we have a SF worthy of starting!)

While we have questioned Babs moves he has had a plan the whole time and I think that it has turned out pretty well. Theo being hurt helped us a lot last year. We got to play people we wouldnt have and it should help us suprise everyone this year!

We may very well have the executive of the yr next yr. Of course a lot has to happen but FINAL(s)-ly we have a team that we can be excited about heading into the season. I know I will be making the 2hr drive to see this bunch. We still aren't getting any respect it seems. I don't see how we can not be seen as a serious eastern contender.

I don't know how many other GM's could have milked Dikembe Mutombo like Babcock did. He basically has traded.... (Assuming the 1st round pick we give up is the Pacers')

D.Mutombo

J.Tinsley

for...

T.Ratliff

N.Mohammed

G.Robinson

Leon Smith is just a CBA guy who didn't cost anything to acquire, Kukoc was part of the Deke deal and we technically gave up Tinsley for that 1st round pick.