• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about our defense?

hawkster411

Ok guys! I love what I am hearing about our offense and how we became more of a threat. What I am concerned about is our defense.

I love DJ's blocking capabilities. I see DJ's blocking stats rising a point or two. Also, I love the idea of Theo and DJ on the defensive end. Both these guys have lanky arms that will definately scare some people from penetrating to the whole. Sar, Theo, BD grabbing rebounds while decreasing the chances of second point opportunities from the opposing team. I see DJ and JT speeding down court waiting for the lob pass.

Then again, that's my opinion. I want to know what you guys think about our defense. Are we a better defensive team with BD or Ira on the court? Thoughts??????

Yeah I agree we are a better offensive team.But we are better

on defense with Ira Newble.I think we should look to sign a

defenisve SF.Someone suggest Eduardo Nejera...what would

you think of adding him to the team?

Robinson's defense isn't all that great. He just does what it takes to get back to the other end of the court.

If we are able to talk some sense into Ira and bring him back we will be in a much better position defensively.

If Theo's back, the forwards should be able to run shooters baseline like they did for Deke and we should be in pretty good shape. I think Robinson is capable of setting Theo up.

Theo and DJ will anchor our D inside and on the perrimeter. SAR is an ok defender and can hold his own against MOST PFs. JT showed last year he could handle other PGs. Big Dog is an average defender who isnt real effective against the cream of the crop SFs (TMac, ect...) but can handle the rest. That is where DJs versility can pay off and he can switch with BD and gaurd the more difficult person. Overall we have a good balance of O and D on this team.

I will say this the difference in Big Dawg and Kukoc is Big Dawg doesn't play D more by choice and habit. Kukoc doesn't play D because he cant. I think BD will change his tune if the organization shows him he is a respected leader something George " I have a big ego " Karl wouldn't let happen he is to busy berating his players and treating them like children.