• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its rookie season for everybody

macdaddy

• Moderators

This from the AJC:

They watched the fourth quarter of Saturday night's loss to Philadelphia and were astonished at what they didn't do.

"We played the entire fourth quarter and didn't set one screen. Not one [darn] screen," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "I just hope we can learn from a game like that, because there's nothing that Philly did to beat us. We made big shots, but we didn't come up with loose balls, and we didn't make the clutch plays when we needed to. We can't have those stretches where we go brain dead, whether it's at home or on the road.

"But I'm looking at the tape and seeing how we played, and I'm wondering how can we not win that game?"

I like Woodson. He's going to be really good I think but every few weeks I see a quote like this. Who's calling the plays? You want some screens? then call for some [darn] screens. These guys are young they need help. He's good a letting them play but there are times when the coach needs to take control.

he's a good teaching coach...

so he didn't do it in the game (good thing, so we wouldn't win and hurt bogut chances!), but what's more effective?

ur playing in a close game and coach yells at u with 5mins left to set a screen and u score a point...20 plays later u win the game by a point and forgot about that screen..

ORRR

u play in a close game and lose it by 1 point...the coach shows u the tape and u see that there were ZERO screens in the fourth and u coulda won if u had just set some damn screens...

i think that game was perfect...chill took it hard to the basket with success...we lost by only 1pt...and they learned a valuable lesson...