• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith is really coming around

Duff_Man

How many trade proposals or trade suggestions can you possibly make regarding Al? You ALWAYS have to have someone on the team that MUST be traded and you constantly propose trades including that individual that make absolutely NO sense. First it was "Lazy Lo." Then Theo. Then JT. Now its Al. Maybe BK should try to keep a solid player like Al and find a franchise player that Al can support rather than trading Al for another role player. It would be different if trading Al would bring us a superstar but that is not likely to be the case.

• Premium Member

About Odom...

Kobe wants him gone now...

The other day, there was a report out of LA where one player was saying "Kobe is the GM of this team."

Weather that's true or not...(the statement) is one thing, however, if you look at how the Lakers make moves, if Kobe wants Odom gone... Guess what...

• Premium Member

Just deal with the facts...

Why would we want our starting PF to lose 20 lbs?

Maybe because he's not going to be our starting PF.

What that leaves is SF...

Why would we want Harrington at Sf when we have Smoove, Chills, and Donta....

I don't think BK will go through a contract with Harrington with it being a sure bet that Harrington won't be our PF.

Quote:

How many trade proposals or trade suggestions can you possibly make regarding Al? You ALWAYS have to have someone on the team that MUST be traded and you constantly propose trades including that individual that make absolutely NO sense. First it was "Lazy Lo." Then Theo. Then JT. Now its Al. Maybe BK should try to keep a solid player like Al and find a franchise player that Al can support rather than trading Al for another role player. It would be different if trading Al would bring us a superstar but that is not likely to be the case.

Wow. Those guys all were traded. Can you wish a trade on Collier?? Please??

Well said......I am so tired of seeing everyone always trying to trade the best talent we have. At some point we have to keep our talent, even if it is marginal superstar talent.

Like you said keep Al (presently our best player) and bring in guys better than him to be our superstar that compliment Al. Don't keep getting rid of our best talent because he is not a superstar. That is ignorant!! He is still a talent and a piece of the puzzle. Maybe not the answer but still a piece of the puzzle.

If you continue to keep replacing our best talent because they don't turnout to be superstars you will never get anywhere!!

MArginal superstar??? THeres no way Al Harrington is even in the superstar zip code. He's a good versitile player, but thats it. He's not a star and definitely not a superstar.Who cares if he is our best player? He'd still be the 3rd or 4th option on almost every other team. If theres anyway we can get a point or a center or anything for harrington, I would hope that the hawks would consider it. SInce the Walker trade Harrington has been given the opportunity to be the man. He's been far from impressive offensively or defensively.

I hope so. Harrington's one of those players, imo, who is a 'nice player'...and with enough game to be a great sixth man for a team, but not quite enough to be labeled as 'consistent primary or secondary option on nearly any team in the league'.

It's kinda like JT~ a great 6th man, but not quite what most teams need in terms of 'fit'. That's trouble in my book, given what we 'think' we have in Smith and Childress...he just doesn't fit.

If his value peaks, or is 'near peak'...trade him.

• Premium Member

I'm so tired of us make believing that these guys were getting are better than they are playing or just need some time...

We gave JT all the time in the world, he still couldn't consistently run an offense. We had to go out and Draft Boris to be JT's sidekick...

That makes no sense.

The same is about to happen with Harrington.

He's not durable enough to play PF. He's not agile enough to play Sf. He's a classic tweener... who does things good, but is not nearly a super star and can't even Sniff the AIr of Superstarville.

Moreover, contract time is coming for Al..

What do you suppose we do...

Pay him a large amount of money to stay and try to build around his deficiencies... And while we're doing that, we will have to sit Smoove even longer because Al seems to be moving back to Sf.

To me...

With the FA class that we have in front of us...

Even if we do draft Bogut..

I think it makes more since to pick up Swift and trade Harrington for either a midround/lottery pick so that we can get a PG or a PG...

For 1.

Bogut + Harrington = Drobs + Harrington defensively.

For 2.

This rash of Injuries for Harrington tells me that he can't continue as a PF. Or at least, that is what it sounds like Woody is saying.

For 3.

i would hate to sign Harrington to big money and not be able to move him.