• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about Jay Williams in the offseason?

hawkster411

Any word on Jay Williams trying out for the Bulls this summer?

I understand that he will give Chicago first priority if he decides to come back to the NBA; however, with the emergence of the Chicago Bulls, the team is stacked at the PG position with Hinrich, (interchangeable pg/sg) Ben Gordon, and the leadership in Chris Duhon.

If the Bulls turn down Jay Williams, will JW consider playing for the Hawks?

I wouldn't mind giving JW a chance to shine again. Imagine the opportunity of having the 1st pick in the draft (Bogut) and signing Jay Williams (pg).

We would solve both positions that we sorely need. Again, the PG position is a big IF. I hope JW has healed 100%.

Comments?

Good post and idea. I'd like to see us find a very good point. The draft seems most likely and I dont really care for most of the free agents such as Earl Watson or Jeff McInnis. If we sign JWill we can probably get by with Ivey and Diaw as our backups. That leaves us more freedom to sign and draft other positions.

I'd still like to pressure Washington with offers for Hughes and Kwame and see if we can pry Hughes loose. A JWill signing would still work on that team too. I'd start Hughes with Chillz in the backcourt then bring JWill off the bench first and slide Chillz to the 3. Probably finish most games with those 3 on the court with Harrington and a defensive center. That team could close out some games.

the upcoming season would be his third wouldn't it? So the Bulls still have his rights...but they have to decide this offseason (much like we had to do with DerMarr) whether or not to 'extend' his contract...which they most likely won't, especially given all the other 'expenditure players' they have in the fold.

JWill will be available to any team after next season (most likely).

someone want to doulbe check me on this? (the years)

The fact that we need a guard and Jay Williams was going to be a good guard in the NBA before his injury.....I would give him a chance and sign him after he passes a physical and workout in front of the Hawks Management.

Bogut and a healthy Williams signed in the offseason would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Bulls bought out JW's rookie contract after his motorcyle accident. After his accident, the Bulls drafted Hinrich for his replacement. The year after Hinrich, the Bulls drafted Ben Gordon and Chris Duhon.

The Bulls heavily invested in JW but backfired; therefore, the Bulls rebuilding process was hindered causing the Bulls to create a new rebuilding blueprint; however, JW gave his word that he would give the Bulls first priority if he decides to play again.

I would like to see any recent articles of JW's health status. Is he working out? If so, how far along is he with his progession (full sprints, full blown work outs, leg condition, etc)?