• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Heist 2002?????

LastDon

I have been paying alot of attention to this years upcoming draft and have came up with an interesting theory from analizing mock drafts and pieces from news articles.

First of all, IMO the top 5 point guards in the draft are: JWill,Wagner,Dickeau,Frank Williams, Tito Maddux. It's a given that JWill will be a top 2 pick. The second rated point guard in the draft possibly will slip down to the ten spot and if this happens the other point guards will go alot lower than expected.

I think that the 3rd rated point guard Dickeau will be selected in the range from 18-21. This is where things could get real interesting. Frank Williams shot the ball terribly his senior season and has done so during workouts. Maddux on the other hand stock has continued to rise with his performance in the Chicago camp and workouts.

It is a given that someone from the Chicago Pre Draft camp will be selected in the first round because alot of players skip it and the NBA wants to keep this camp's credibility.

The player that I think will slip into the first round is Maddux because he has good size and would have been a lottery pick if he was eliglible. If he goes in front of Frank Williams look for the hawks to try and get in the first round to nap him.

If you go to the Hawks website it says that we might trade into the first round if a "certain player" is available. That player folks is Frank Williams. Lon knows alot about the guy because he coached him at Illinois and I garantee that he has told Babs nothing but good things about him.

To set the record straight I for one feel like we have a good point guard in JT but I just feel like ESPN and other Websites would not keep insisting that we are looking for a point unless someone in the Hawks organization told this to them.

Frank Williams probably will be a hawk and I think that he will be a great addition!!!!!!!!!!!

The NBA has a fetish for tall point guards and I think that Maddux will go in the first like Crawford a couple of years ago.

The NBA also gets scared away from point guards that shoot a low percentage. It hurt Van Excel stock as well as Tinsley's stock last year.

I know some of you might say that it want happen this year because of the success of these two players but it probably will be the case.

Frank Williams jumpshot has been question as well as will he be able to get to the baskets against the quicker guards in the NBA. These elements put together with the rule changes will make this guy stock slip.

Some say that the Hawks want draft a guy that they haven't workout but why work out a guy that the Headcoach has coach for a season???

Someone please tell me if I'm crazy or do you agree with what I'm saying??

Just an FYI.

Kruger and Williams had some run ins and butted heads quite often while they were at Illinois. Williams thought Kruger was holding him back, and Kruger was trying to make Williams a better overall basketball player.

One of the stigmas Frank has is that he doesn't play 100% all the time. That's something that really bugged Lon during Frank's freshman year, and Frank had a lot of bench time because of this.

Frank Williams could go as high as Orlando at 18 or as low as Golden State with the 30th pick. I really don't see him slipping past Golden State.