• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington Gone This Summer?

clrumph

I found this quote from the Sport Illustrated columnist Sean Deveney today:

Quote:

F Al Harrington says he wants to remain with Atlanta, but the Hawks are learning about Harrington what the Pacers already knew: He is a 'tweener, not athletic enough to be a small forward and not big enough to play power forward. Atlanta likes its young crop of wing players, including SF Josh Smith, SG Josh Childress and even raw G/F Donta Smith. The team also would like to keep SG Boris Diaw from having to play point guard. Harrington fits best as a small forward, but there is no room for him with his younger teammates, which is why the Hawks are expected to deal Harrington this summer.

I wonder if this is true? If so, I can really see us trading Harrington for a mid 1st round pick in the draft in order to get what we didn't get in the top of the draft. I would love to draft Bogut, trade Harrington for another 1st and pick up Jarrett Jack or Sean May. Then we could fill in the rest of the holes in FA (Daly, Chandler, Swift, Watson, etc.)

I like Harrington but IMO he is just not a good long term fit for the Hawks.

Trading away a veteran player(a young one at that) doesn't sit well with veteran Free Agents that we hope to sign. You mean to tell me we are going to have a team full of young inexperienced players? and no veteran leadership? BTW no mention of Royal Ivey in that article sounds like he might be out of the picture.

He is a tweener. Wouldn't it be better to allow the two Joshes to play the 2 and the 3?

Trade Harrington. Forget him. Get a pick and a decent project for him and let Childress and Smith get better. They need to continue to develop and in two years they'll be tremendous NBA players.

i've been against trading harrington BUT having Sean May play the forward spot is EXTREMELY intriguing..

Bogut at center and the hard nosed May at Pf would be lethal. Especially since May also has good passing skills like Bogut (not quite as good but good still)..

man, the more i think about that, the more i like it...

hmmm, trade Harrington for Sean May and something else...BUT we would have to be sure to pick up a solid veteran in the offseason...